Windows update failed with error code: 0x644

srfmode

Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
I attempted the latest recommended update:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update (KB951847) x86

But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.

Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?

thanks,
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
being used ?
3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

srfmode wrote:

> I attempted the latest recommended update:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update (KB951847) x86
>
> But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
>
> Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
>
> thanks,

Da1e

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
I am having the identical problem.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
> 2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
> being used ?
> 3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> srfmode wrote:
>
> > I attempted the latest recommended update:
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> > Update (KB951847) x86
> >
> > But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
> >
> > thanks,

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
You haven't supplied an answer to any of the 3 questions so ... please
start your own thread and supply some *information* so that someone may
be able to assist you.
Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Da1e wrote:

> I am having the identical problem.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
>>2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
>>being used ?
>>3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============

musicman

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
I am having the same issue. Someone should be responding to this not with
questions but with answers

"Da1e" wrote:

> I am having the identical problem.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > 1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
> > 2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
> > being used ?
> > 3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
> >

> > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> > ===============
> > *-343-* FDNY
> > Never Forgotten
> > ===============
> >

> > srfmode wrote:
> >
> > > I attempted the latest recommended update:
> > > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> > > Update (KB951847) x86
> > >
> > > But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
> > >
> > > Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
> > >
> > > thanks,

musicman

RE: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
Did you ever get an answer

"srfmode" wrote:

> I attempted the latest recommended update:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update (KB951847) x86
>
> But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
>
> Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
>
> thanks,

Pat

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
Hi, I have XP service pack 2, I have Norton, it is not current but still
runs live scan.

I tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 to day and tried several months
ago with the same failure message.

I was interested today because of the buzz about Conflicker on April 1st

Patricia Gehlen

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
> 2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
> being used ?
> 3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> srfmode wrote:
>
> > I attempted the latest recommended update:
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> > Update (KB951847) x86
> >
> > But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
> >
> > thanks,

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
Pat,

By 'not current' do you mean the subscription has expired and Norton no
longer can obtain definition updates ?
If the answer is yes, then you have more pressing matters to attend to
then worrying about installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP and the .NET Mafia
Family Update.

First step is to go here using Internet Explorer and have the system
scanned for the presence of malware:

Second step, if the OneCare scanner detects and removes any detected
resident malware, is to uninstall Norton and get another antivirus
solution.
Uninstall Norton from Add/Remove Programs [ARP]in the Control Panel.
Then visit Symantec.com and grab the Norton removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

Run that after removing Norton from ARP.

Install an antivirus. Free worthwhile ones are Avast and Antivir.
Use google to find them.

After doing the above 2 steps, check the versions of .NET installed in ARP.
IF there are no .NET runtimes installed higher then .NET Framework 1.1,
suggest you hide .NET 3.5 SP1 and the .NET Family update.

IF .NET 2.0 is installed, you can apply .NET Framework SP2 as a
substitute for the above:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Pat wrote:

> Hi, I have XP service pack 2, I have Norton, it is not current but still
> runs live scan.
>
> I tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
> Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 to day and tried several months
> ago with the same failure message.
>
> I was interested today because of the buzz about Conflicker on April 1st
>

> Patricia Gehlen
>

> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
>>2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
>>being used ?
>>3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>srfmode wrote:
>>

>>>I attempted the latest recommended update:
>>>Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
>>>Update (KB951847) x86
>>>
>>>But the update failed. Tried 3 times over two days.
>>>
>>>Has anyone experienced this or have an idea how to correct the issue?
>>>
>>>thanks,

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
If you can't be bothered supplying relevant information then you'll need
to figure out how to resolve this issue yourself.
No one here is a mind reader.

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

musicman wrote:

> I am having the same issue. Someone should be responding to this not with
> questions but with answers
>
> "Da1e" wrote:
>

>>I am having the identical problem.
>>
>>"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>>

>>>1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level ?
>>>2) What is the installed antivirus/security suite and which firewall is
>>>being used ?
>>>3) Has a registry cleaner or disk cleanup tool been run ?
>>>

>>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>> *-343-* FDNY
>>>Never Forgotten

freeregistrycleaners.net is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows update failed with error code: 0x644
the problem is difficult.I think it' registry of computer is broken from my expirence,you can try download registry cleaner and scan the registry to see whether it has a problem.Freeregistrycleaners.net has top 5 registry cleaner review,you can go there to see what happen,hope i can help