Window 2000 Update Not working

FGM

Window 2000 Update Not working
Trying to update windows. The following list will not update... I have
windows 2000 microsoft office 2002.

Security Update for Outlook 2002
Secuity Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002
Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 service pack 4
Security Update for internet explorer & service pack 1
security update for the 2007 Microsoft Office system
update rollup for ActiveXkillbits for windows 2000

There are two computers here the are identical and one updates everything
and one does not.

Any answer to why....

Re: Window 2000 Update Not working
How long has it been since you were able to update the problem machine via
Windows Update? When was the last time you tried? Is Automatic Updates
enabled?

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

4. Windows Update Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

Support for Windows Update:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

FGM wrote:
> Trying to update windows. The following list will not update... I have
> windows 2000 microsoft office 2002.
>
> Security Update for Outlook 2002
> Secuity Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002
> Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 service pack 4
> Security Update for internet explorer & service pack 1
> security update for the 2007 Microsoft Office system
> update rollup for ActiveXkillbits for windows 2000
>
> There are two computers here the are identical and one updates everything
> and one does not.
>
> Any answer to why....

FGM

Re: Window 2000 Update Not working
A long time... Today.... Yes....
Do not understand the log file but did look at it.
Will try the web sites you listed ...
thanks...

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How long has it been since you were able to update the problem machine via
> Windows Update? When was the last time you tried? Is Automatic Updates
> enabled?
>
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>
> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>
> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>
> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
> associated with the download/install.
>
> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
>
> 4. Windows Update Checklist:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

> Support for Windows Update:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> FGM wrote:
> > Trying to update windows. The following list will not update... I have
> > windows 2000 microsoft office 2002.
> >
> > Security Update for Outlook 2002
> > Secuity Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002
> > Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 service pack 4
> > Security Update for internet explorer & service pack 1
> > security update for the 2007 Microsoft Office system
> > update rollup for ActiveXkillbits for windows 2000
> >
> > There are two computers here the are identical and one updates everything
> > and one does not.
> >
> > Any answer to why....

Re: Window 2000 Update Not working
There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

NB: Rename MRT.EXE to, e.g., SCANNER.EXE before running the tool!

2. Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) in Safe
Mode with Networking, if need be:

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075