Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

Marvin

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
I am running windows vista and I am set up for automatic updates. My
computer has succesfully downloaded this security update 14 times and keeps
telling me it's a new update to download. Why? What's happening?

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2009 6:36 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML)
that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain
control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update
from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

BigPoiDog

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
I've been having the same problem for months now. None of the available
solutions from MS have worked.

"Marvin" wrote:

> I am running windows vista and I am set up for automatic updates. My
> computer has succesfully downloaded this security update 14 times and keeps
> telling me it's a new update to download. Why? What's happening?
>
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
>
> Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2009 6:36 AM
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML)
> that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain
> control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update
> from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
> computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128803
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com

precious

"Marvin" wrote:

> I am running windows vista and I am set up for automatic updates. My
> computer has succesfully downloaded this security update 14 times and keeps
> telling me it's a new update to download. Why? What's happening?
>
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
>
> Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2009 6:36 AM
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML)
> that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain
> control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update
> from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
> computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128803
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com

I am having the same problem has anyone figured out how to fix this problem
yet? I am at my wits end and do not know where to go or what to do. Everyday
update tells me I have a new update and wants to install the same thing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Download size: 5.4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML)
that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain
control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update
from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Ǝиçεl

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Hello Marvin,

See if this thread helps.
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=5e552 874-02fd-4e14-9cb7-3bf976ffc646&mid=5e552874-02fd-4e14-9cb7-3bf976ffc646>
-=-

"Marvin" wrote:

> I am running windows vista and I am set up for automatic updates. My
> computer has succesfully downloaded this security update 14 times and keeps
> telling me it's a new update to download. Why? What's happening?
>
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
>
> Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2009 6:36 AM
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML)
> that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain
> control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update
> from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
> computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128803
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com

Ottmar Freudenberger

"Marvin" <Marvin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

>I am running windows vista and I am set up for automatic updates. My
> computer has succesfully downloaded this security update 14 times and keeps
> telling me it's a new update to download. Why? What's happening?
>
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430

In case that won't help, you want to give installing MSXML 4.0 SP3
a chance, which isn't offered via Windows Update yet:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...f-9e139e6819c0

Bye,
Freudi
Graham

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Freudi your suggestion to manually update to SP3 worked.
Thanks