SP3 Update Question

KLINK

SP3 Update Question
I currently have XP Home SP1. When I go to Windows Update, it gives me the
SP2 Update option. Do I have to update to SP2 before I update to SP3 or is
there another link to get SP3? The Sp3 site gives me a link back to Windows
Update and SP2.

Re: SP3 Update Question
You won't be able to install SP2 or SP3 via Windows Update.

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

KLINK wrote:
> I currently have XP Home SP1. When I go to Windows Update, it gives me the
> SP2 Update option. Do I have to update to SP2 before I update to SP3 or is
> there another link to get SP3? The Sp3 site gives me a link back to
> Windows
> Update and SP2.

Tasty

RE: SP3 Update Question
I had the same issue, and i just went and downloaded the sp3 and it was no
problem, you can just go to microsoft.com and search for sp3.

"KLINK" wrote:

> I currently have XP Home SP1. When I go to Windows Update, it gives me the
> SP2 Update option. Do I have to update to SP2 before I update to SP3 or is
> there another link to get SP3? The Sp3 site gives me a link back to Windows
> Update and SP2.

KLINK

RE: SP3 Update Question
=?Utf-8?B?VGFzdHk=?= <Tasty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I had the same issue, and i just went and downloaded the sp3 and it
> was no problem, you can just go to microsoft.com and search for sp3.
>
> "KLINK" wrote:
>
>> I currently have XP Home SP1. When I go to Windows Update, it gives
>> me the SP2 Update option. Do I have to update to SP2 before I update
>> to SP3 or is there another link to get SP3? The Sp3 site gives me a
>> link back to Windows Update and SP2.

Thanks for the reply.

That is what I did and it just sends me back to Windows Update and SP2.

Re: SP3 Update Question
What am I, chopped liver?

Repost:

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in

> What am I, chopped liver?
>
> Repost:
>
> You won't be able to install SP2 or SP3 via Windows Update.
>
> See
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro....general/msg/a
> 066ae41add7dd2b --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> KLINK wrote:
>> =?Utf-8?B?VGFzdHk=?= <Tasty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I had the same issue, and i just went and downloaded the sp3 and it
>>> was no problem, you can just go to microsoft.com and search for sp3.

>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> That is what I did and it just sends me back to Windows Update and
>> SP2.

Thanks for the Repost.

I am using Xnews as my news reader and I did not see your first post. I
did see it by using a googlegroups search.