SP-2 Install Help

Re: SP-2 Install Help
Asked/Answered in WinXP General minutes ago. If you must make identical
posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of
them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

Repost:

Error message when you try to install WinXP SP3 (or SP2): "Access is denied"
or “Service Pack installation did not complete”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

SP2 was released in August 2004: Why are you just getting around to
installing it now, almost 5 years later?

Here's the quickest way to resolve the problem:

1. Back-up your personal data, then format & reinstall Windows. A Repair
Install will NOT help!

2a. If the clean install leaves you with WinXP Gold (no Service Packs), see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

2b. If the clean install leaves you with WinXP SP1(a), see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

=====

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
[clean install = new computer]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Briamor wrote:
> Whenever "Automatic Updates" clicks on, it starts to download, and install
> (for my Windows XP Pro)
> XP "Service Pack 2" (XP SP-2)
>
> After a minute or so it downloads fine.
> Then it starts installing it.
> After about 4 mins. a sign pops up, "ACCESS DENIED"
>
> Then it proceeds to uninstall what it was just installing. (SP-2)
>
> I have alot of updates that need to be installed,and none of them will
> install unless my computer has "Service Pack 2" already installed on it.
> Such As: Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Safety updates, Service
> Pack 3, etc....
>
> Does anyone know why I can't get "Service Pack 2" to install on my
> computer?
> Whats "Access Denied" mean, and how can I fix this?
>
> I remember a few years ago (maybe this'll have something to do with my
> problem), I had a program that wouldn't run on Windows XP Pro, it needed
> have a "Fat-32" File System, so I downloaded some propiatory software,
> that
> switched my NTFS to FAT-32. Could that be the problem? or does everyone
> that
> uses Windows XP Pro, have it set to Fat-32?
>
> File System "Fat-32"
>
> Please Help
>
> Bruce

Briamor

SP-2 Install Help
Whenever "Automatic Updates" clicks on, it starts to download, and install
(for my Windows XP Pro)
XP "Service Pack 2" (XP SP-2)

After a minute or so it downloads fine.
Then it starts installing it.
After about 4 mins. a sign pops up, "ACCESS DENIED"

Then it proceeds to uninstall what it was just installing. (SP-2)

I have alot of updates that need to be installed,and none of them will
install unless my computer has "Service Pack 2" already installed on it.
Such As: Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Safety updates, Service
Pack 3, etc....

Does anyone know why I can't get "Service Pack 2" to install on my
computer?
Whats "Access Denied" mean, and how can I fix this?

I remember a few years ago (maybe this'll have something to do with my
problem), I had a program that wouldn't run on Windows XP Pro, it needed to