Unable to install SP3

medic6897

Unable to install SP3
Attempted to download and install SP3 from Windows Update site. Received
error message 0x8007F0DA.
JS

Re: Unable to install SP3
You receive error code 0x8007F0DA when use the
Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web
site to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958050

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"medic6897" <medic6897@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Attempted to download and install SP3 from Windows Update site. Received
> error message 0x8007F0DA.

Shenan Stanley

Re: Unable to install SP3
medic6897 wrote:
> Attempted to download and install SP3 from Windows Update site.
> Received error message 0x8007F0DA.

SP3 for what product on what operating system at what current patch level?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

medic6897

Re: Unable to install SP3

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> medic6897 wrote:
> > Attempted to download and install SP3 from Windows Update site.
> > Received error message 0x8007F0DA.

> SP3 for what product on what operating system at what current patch level?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

>XP Pro. I have an IBM T42. I'm not sure what you mean by patch level but all the other updates are up to date.

Shenan Stanley

Re: Unable to install SP3

medic6897 wrote:
> XP Pro. I have an IBM T42. I'm not sure what you mean by patch
> level but all the other updates are up to date.

Well - I guess I can *assume* you mean you are trying to install Service
Pack 3 (SP3) for Windows XP Professional?
(There are other products that have a Service Pack 3 (SP3)...)

I guess I can explain what I mean by patch level... I asked what operating
system you had and wanted to know what service pack level you had and if you
had all other high-priority patches installed.

Although other fixes may work, if you do all of the following suggestions -
you should end up with a more stable system/updates working better...

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Reboot.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
--> Click OK.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Download/Install the latest Windows Installer:

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one. I would completely avoid the Optional
Hardware updates.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
.... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

If it seemed to have failed, do this:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate any error
code(s) or explanation as to why the page cannot be displayed.

You can copy/paste the last 50 or so lines here...

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: Unable to install SP3
There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

2. Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) in Safe
Mode with Networking, if need be:

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075