Error No 0x8007002

Dipen

Error No 0x8007002
I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3 installed.
Recently while doing windows update i am getting following messages

" The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Error Number : 0x80070002

Kindly help me out !
--
DKL
TaurArian

Re: Error No 0x8007002
Dipen wrote:
:: I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3
:: installed. Recently while doing windows update i am getting
:: following messages
::
:: " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
:: you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
:: solve the problem.
::
:: Error Number : 0x80070002
::
:: Kindly help me out !
:: --
:: DKL

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Ǝиçεl

RE: Error No 0x8007002
Hello Dipen,

Please double-check that error number.
0x8007002 or 0x80070020 or 0x80070002

0x80070002 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/>

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336>

Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates "0x80070002"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698>

You may receive error code 0x80004005 or “other” error codes when you try to
start a Windows XP-based computer
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232>
-=-

"Dipen" wrote:

> I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3 installed.
> Recently while doing windows update i am getting following messages
>
> " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>
> Error Number : 0x80070002
>
> Kindly help me out !
> --
> DKL

Dipen

Re: Error No 0x8007002
Dear TaurArian,

I ran latest MSRT, followed the links as given by you and tried. it again
fails to start update process. As I choose " Express " option.. the browser
displays same error !

Now what next ?

--
DKL

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Dipen wrote:
> :: I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3
> :: installed. Recently while doing windows update i am getting
> :: following messages
> ::
> :: " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
> :: you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
> :: solve the problem.
> ::
> :: Error Number : 0x80070002
> ::
> :: Kindly help me out !
> :: --
> :: DKL
>

> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
> Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698
>
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Dipen

RE: Error No 0x8007002
Hello,

I tried your links and steps as given therein. But the end result is i still
get same error and update process doesn't start !

What to do now ?

--
DKL

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Dipen,
>
> Please double-check that error number.
> 0x8007002 or 0x80070020 or 0x80070002
>

> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view.
> 0x80070002 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/>
>
> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336>
>
> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
> Web site to install updates "0x80070002"
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698>
>

> You may receive error code 0x80004005 or “other” error codes when you try to
> start a Windows XP-based computer
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232>
> -=-
>

> "Dipen" wrote:
>
> > I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3 installed.
> > Recently while doing windows update i am getting following messages
> >
> > " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> >
> > Error Number : 0x80070002
> >
> > Kindly help me out !
> > --
> > DKL

Dipen

Re: Error No 0x8007002
I also used Malwarebyte's Antimalware scan. It detected 5 infections such as
Adware.BHO ( Registry Value ), Adware.BHO ( Registry Key ), Rogue.Trace (
File ), Trojan.Agent ( Folder ) and Adware.Hotbar ( Registry Key ). All these
infections were successfully removed and system restarted. I tried to start
update process using " Express Option ". The end result is... it displays
same error and update fails !

Can anyone help me out ?
--
DKL

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Dipen wrote:
> :: I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3
> :: installed. Recently while doing windows update i am getting
> :: following messages
> ::
> :: " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
> :: you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
> :: solve the problem.
> ::
> :: Error Number : 0x80070002
> ::
> :: Kindly help me out !
> :: --
> :: DKL
>

> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
> Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698
>
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: Error No 0x8007002
See Steps #2 and #3 below; do NOT skip #3!...

There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

2. Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) in Safe
Mode with Networking, if need be:

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dipen wrote:
> I also used Malwarebyte's Antimalware scan. It detected 5 infections such
> as
> Adware.BHO ( Registry Value ), Adware.BHO ( Registry Key ), Rogue.Trace (
> File ), Trojan.Agent ( Folder ) and Adware.Hotbar ( Registry Key ). All
> these infections were successfully removed and system restarted. I tried
> start update process using " Express Option ". The end result is... it
> displays same error and update fails !
>
> Can anyone help me out ?

>> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
>> an
>> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
>> Update Services
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>>
>> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft
>> Update
>> Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698
>>
>> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
>> 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error
>> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>>

>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
>> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
>> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

avacct is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error No 0x8007002
I got a similar problem (Error number: 0x800A138F, Error message: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view) and can't perform Windows Update on my Windows XP computer, and below suggestion solved the problem:

Try to re-register the Windows Update dll files. To do that, please follow these steps:

- Click Start -> Run -> type: regsvr32 wuapi.dll
- Click OK
- This should make a box pop up telling you it was successful, just need to click ok.

Repeat that with the following files (remember to prefix each with regsvr32 ):
wuaueng.dll
wuaueng1.dll
wucltui.dll
wups.dll
wups2.dll
wuweb.dll

Once you have done that, try running Windows Update again please.
Let us know the outcome please.

Reference:
[SOLVED] Windows Update error number 0x800A138F - Tech Support Forum

Resolve 0x800A01AE Windows Update Error Message

Hope it helps.