UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM

Leslie

UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
I was looking for an answer to solve the issue of the same update repeatedly
showing up. The problen update was 'KB967715' - I saw that others were
having the same problem. I went in to the 'Online Support Center' and
followed the steps in order. I downloaded the 'Malicious Software Removal
Tool' and then I ran a scan for virus/spyware. I finally solved the problem
when I installed it in Safe Mode. You could try the 'Safe Mode' approach
first to see if that stops the problem before you go through the other steps
but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do them.

Two things to point out: One is a problem regarding someone not being able
to get to the download website. I could not get to the website just by
clicking on it in the support center. I manually typed it in and it worked
that way. I would also like to note that I had to use the word 'download' at
the end of the website and NOT 'downloads'. No 'S'

The second item, for me anyway, is that in setting up into Safe Mode, I have
two areas to go into. One is 'Administrator' & 'HP Administrator' - The
install only showed up under the 'HP Administrator' section. So, if you have
two sections, make sure you check both areas.
--
LJ
Claire Brucker

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.

or do anything else
"Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was looking for an answer to solve the issue of the same update
>repeatedly
> showing up. The problen update was 'KB967715' - I saw that others were
> having the same problem. I went in to the 'Online Support Center' and
> followed the steps in order. I downloaded the 'Malicious Software Removal
> Tool' and then I ran a scan for virus/spyware. I finally solved the
> problem
> when I installed it in Safe Mode. You could try the 'Safe Mode' approach
> first to see if that stops the problem before you go through the other
> steps
> but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do them.
>
> Two things to point out: One is a problem regarding someone not being
> able
> to get to the download website. I could not get to the website just by
> clicking on it in the support center. I manually typed it in and it
> worked
> that way. I would also like to note that I had to use the word 'download'
> at
> the end of the website and NOT 'downloads'. No 'S'
>
> The second item, for me anyway, is that in setting up into Safe Mode, I
> have
> two areas to go into. One is 'Administrator' & 'HP Administrator' - The
> install only showed up under the 'HP Administrator' section. So, if you
> have
> two sections, make sure you check both areas.
> --
> LJ

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
[Try Safe Mode with Networking]

Claire Brucker wrote:
> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.
>
> or do anything else
> "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I was looking for an answer to solve the issue of the same update
>> repeatedly
>> showing up. The problen update was 'KB967715' - I saw that others were
>> having the same problem. I went in to the 'Online Support Center' and
>> followed the steps in order. I downloaded the 'Malicious Software
>> Removal
>> Tool' and then I ran a scan for virus/spyware. I finally solved the
>> problem
>> when I installed it in Safe Mode. You could try the 'Safe Mode' approach
>> first to see if that stops the problem before you go through the other
>> steps
>> but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do them.
>>
>> Two things to point out: One is a problem regarding someone not being
>> able
>> to get to the download website. I could not get to the website just by
>> clicking on it in the support center. I manually typed it in and it
>> worked
>> that way. I would also like to note that I had to use the word
>> 'download'
>> at
>> the end of the website and NOT 'downloads'. No 'S'
>>
>> The second item, for me anyway, is that in setting up into Safe Mode, I
>> have
>> two areas to go into. One is 'Administrator' & 'HP Administrator' - The
>> install only showed up under the 'HP Administrator' section. So, if you
>> have
>> two sections, make sure you check both areas.
>> --
>> LJ

Claire Brucker

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
I tried Safe Mode with Networking but it wasn't any better. Still couldn't
go on line or do anything else. I'm beginning to think that damned update
is going to stick with me until I die.
> [Try Safe Mode with Networking]
>
> Claire Brucker wrote:
>> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.
>>
>> or do anything else
>> "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I was looking for an answer to solve the issue of the same update
>>> repeatedly
>>> showing up. The problen update was 'KB967715' - I saw that others were
>>> having the same problem. I went in to the 'Online Support Center' and
>>> followed the steps in order. I downloaded the 'Malicious Software
>>> Removal
>>> Tool' and then I ran a scan for virus/spyware. I finally solved the
>>> problem
>>> when I installed it in Safe Mode. You could try the 'Safe Mode'
>>> approach
>>> first to see if that stops the problem before you go through the other
>>> steps
>>> but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do them.
>>>
>>> Two things to point out: One is a problem regarding someone not being
>>> able
>>> to get to the download website. I could not get to the website just by
>>> clicking on it in the support center. I manually typed it in and it
>>> worked
>>> that way. I would also like to note that I had to use the word
>>> 'download'
>>> at
>>> the end of the website and NOT 'downloads'. No 'S'
>>>
>>> The second item, for me anyway, is that in setting up into Safe Mode, I
>>> have
>>> two areas to go into. One is 'Administrator' & 'HP Administrator' - The
>>> install only showed up under the 'HP Administrator' section. So, if you
>>> have
>>> two sections, make sure you check both areas.
>>> --
>>> LJ

Susan Bradley

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
Please open up a support case.

I know that's asking a lot but Microsoft needs to hear your pain.

Claire Brucker wrote:
> I tried Safe Mode with Networking but it wasn't any better. Still couldn't
> go on line or do anything else. I'm beginning to think that damned update
> is going to stick with me until I die.
>> [Try Safe Mode with Networking]
>>
>> Claire Brucker wrote:
>>> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.
>>>
>>> or do anything else

Ottmar Freudenberger

"Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> schrieb:

> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.

Download the KB967715 exe file from DownloadCenter first, save it,
then restart Windows in Safe Mode and run the exe you've saved:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...e-e64ecfb35d74

> or do anything else

Whatever that means.

Bye,
Freudi
Harry Johnston [MVP]

Claire Brucker wrote:

> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.

Download the update first, then install it in Safe Mode.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=967715&displaylang=en&stype= s_basic>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...type= s_basic

Harry.

> or do anything else
> "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I was looking for an answer to solve the issue of the same update
>> repeatedly
>> showing up. The problen update was 'KB967715' - I saw that others were
>> having the same problem. I went in to the 'Online Support Center' and
>> followed the steps in order. I downloaded the 'Malicious Software Removal
>> Tool' and then I ran a scan for virus/spyware. I finally solved the
>> problem
>> when I installed it in Safe Mode. You could try the 'Safe Mode' approach
>> first to see if that stops the problem before you go through the other
>> steps
>> but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to do them.
>>
>> Two things to point out: One is a problem regarding someone not being
>> able
>> to get to the download website. I could not get to the website just by
>> clicking on it in the support center. I manually typed it in and it
>> worked
>> that way. I would also like to note that I had to use the word 'download'
>> at
>> the end of the website and NOT 'downloads'. No 'S'
>>
>> The second item, for me anyway, is that in setting up into Safe Mode, I
>> have
>> two areas to go into. One is 'Administrator' & 'HP Administrator' - The
>> install only showed up under the 'HP Administrator' section. So, if you
>> have
>> two sections, make sure you check both areas.
>> --
>> LJ

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
Claire, the FAQ section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715 was
revised & expanded on 27 March 2009. I'd recommend taking (another) look at
it.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Claire Brucker wrote:
> I was stuck after going into safe mode. couldn't go online.

Claire Brucker

Re: UPDATE REPEATEDLY SHOWING UP TO DOWNLOAD - I SOLVED MY PROBLEM
Either my computer won't do what it's supposed to do or I'm too stupid to
solve this problem, but I QUIT !!!!!