After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work

brokenpane57

After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work

In order to use Turbo Tax this year I had to update our desktop to Sp3. It
took FOREVER, computer restarted. Got taxes done. Now the wireless mouse
won't work, replaced it. Now the keyboard isn't working (it's wireless too).
Do I need to replace the keyboard as well or is something messed up w/
SP3?????? HELP!!!!!! Windows XP
TaurArian

Re: After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work
brokenpane57 wrote:
:: In order to use Turbo Tax this year I had to update our desktop to
:: Sp3. It took FOREVER, computer restarted. Got taxes done. Now the
:: wireless mouse won't work, replaced it. Now the keyboard isn't
:: working (it's wireless too). Do I need to replace the keyboard as
:: well or is something messed up w/ SP3?????? HELP!!!!!! Windows XP

Did you check for driver updates?

FYI - A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it
resumes from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message
when you try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

brokenpane57

Re: After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work
After installing SP2 & SP3 I didn't receive any error messages. The computer
hasn't been in hibernation or standby. Can I check for driver updates w/ no
keyboard? If so, how?????

"TaurArian" wrote:

> brokenpane57 wrote:
> :: In order to use Turbo Tax this year I had to update our desktop to
> :: Sp3. It took FOREVER, computer restarted. Got taxes done. Now the
> :: wireless mouse won't work, replaced it. Now the keyboard isn't
> :: working (it's wireless too). Do I need to replace the keyboard as
> :: well or is something messed up w/ SP3?????? HELP!!!!!! Windows XP
>

> Did you check for driver updates?
>
> FYI - A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it
> resumes from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message
> when you try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

TaurArian

Re: After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work
You don't say what brand of keyboard/mouse you're using. Try the
manufacturer's site to see if there's any updated drivers.

See if your keyboard/mouse problems have been previously resolved?
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...ndows+xp&meta=

"brokenpane57" wrote:

> After installing SP2 & SP3 I didn't receive any error messages. The computer
> hasn't been in hibernation or standby. Can I check for driver updates w/ no
> keyboard? If so, how?????
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > brokenpane57 wrote:
> > :: In order to use Turbo Tax this year I had to update our desktop to
> > :: Sp3. It took FOREVER, computer restarted. Got taxes done. Now the
> > :: wireless mouse won't work, replaced it. Now the keyboard isn't
> > :: working (it's wireless too). Do I need to replace the keyboard as
> > :: well or is something messed up w/ SP3?????? HELP!!!!!! Windows XP
> >

> > Did you check for driver updates?
> >
> > FYI - A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it
> > resumes from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message
> > when you try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447
> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> > Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: After installing SP3, wireless mouse and keyboard don't work
Free unlimited installation *and compatibility support* is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09.
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
"Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/