Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2009
zanabug
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2

I just spent hours trying to figure out why no one on our network could
run Windows Updates and got the error code 0x80072EE2. Turned out one of
our PIX firewall guys stuck a line of code in denying any Limewire
traffic. Ironically I came across another forum where someone said a
Windows Update they installed broke their Limewire connectivity. Maybe
so, maybe not. I am just glad that is over. Good luck.


--
zanabug
------------------------------------------------------------------------
zanabug's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/85174.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/510754.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2
WTF does Limewire have to do with Windows Update?

zanabug wrote:
> I just spent hours trying to figure out why no one on our network could
> run Windows Updates and got the error code 0x80072EE2. Turned out one of
> our PIX firewall guys stuck a line of code in denying any Limewire
> traffic. Ironically I came across another forum where someone said a
> Windows Update they installed broke their Limewire connectivity. Maybe
> so, maybe not. I am just glad that is over. Good luck.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
:: WTF does Limewire have to do with Windows Update?
::
:: zanabug wrote:
::: I just spent hours trying to figure out why no one on our network
::: could run Windows Updates and got the error code 0x80072EE2. Turned
::: out one of our PIX firewall guys stuck a line of code in denying
::: any Limewire traffic. Ironically I came across another forum where
::: someone said a Windows Update they installed broke their Limewire
::: connectivity. Maybe so, maybe not. I am just glad that is over.
::: Good luck.


My "limewire" works okay, in case you're interested.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2
TaurArian wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> WTF does Limewire have to do with Windows Update?
>>>
>>> zanabug wrote:
>>>> I just spent hours trying to figure out why no one on our network
>>>> could run Windows Updates and got the error code 0x80072EE2. Turned
>>>> out one of our PIX firewall guys stuck a line of code in denying
>>>> any Limewire traffic. Ironically I came across another forum where
>>>> someone said a Windows Update they installed broke their Limewire
>>>> connectivity. Maybe so, maybe not. I am just glad that is over.
>>>> Good luck.

>
> My "limewire" works okay, in case you're interested.


So does my bong.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2 crogers23 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 12-06-2008 23:52
Re: Fixed Error 0x80072EE2 ukgulf microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-14-2008 02:40
RE: Error 0x80072EE2 Paul S microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-10-2008 02:15
Help error 0x80072EE2. Tried everything! FarmerJo microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 02-11-2008 00:27
Re: Error 0x80072ee2 fixed, but now security warning MowGreen [MVP] microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 10-26-2007 22:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120