error code 0x800a0007

Juan el boricua

error code 0x800a0007
Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code (0x800a0007)came
back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on what it is, and how to
fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Re: error code 0x800a0007
posting to this newsgroup.

You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
the requested page" error message when you try to install an update (ignore
the error mentioned)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883614

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226

Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Juan el boricua wrote:
> Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code
> (0x800a0007)came back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on what
> it is, and how to fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Juan el boricua

Re: error code 0x800a0007
Thanks PA. I'm a newbee here, so for what I was able to see I have
WinXP,but I'm unsure if it is SP 2 or 3 (could not enter to verify the
updates history). I tried the options you gave me , but still no results.
Can you tell me what could be wrong?
thanks again!! Juan
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update (ignore
> the error mentioned)
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883614
>
> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
> error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>
> Also see
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Juan el boricua wrote:
> > Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code
> > (0x800a0007)came back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on what
> > it is, and how to fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Juan el boricua

Re: error code 0x800a0007
PA, I guess that it is SP2 because Iuctl.dll was not found. Did everything
else and still no luck. Any advice on how to proceed?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update (ignore
> the error mentioned)
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883614
>
> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
> error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>
> Also see
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Juan el boricua wrote:
> > Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code
> > (0x800a0007)came back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on what
> > it is, and how to fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: error code 0x800a0007

"Juan el boricua" <Juanelboricua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PA, I guess that it is SP2 because Iuctl.dll was not found.

Better than guessing: Run... winver

Unfortunately, that doesn't give a capturable display (other than
by using Alt-PrintScrn)

but this does: Run... msinfo32.exe

Hmm... It's not quite the same. E.g. I have a patch date and time
after the build number which is different from the patch date and time
given with the Version= parameter for the Hardware Abstraction Layer
item. I wonder what the date and time in the winver display represents?...
Looks like it is probably the last half of the File Version: (e.g. in right-click Properties)
for ntoskrnl.exe. Who knew? ; )

So, it looks as if a really accurate one piece capturable item
to answer PA Bear's question would be:
ntoskrnl.exe Properties, Version, File Version Value:

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Did everything
> else and still no luck. Any advice on how to proceed?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
>> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update (ignore
>> the error mentioned)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883614
>>
>> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
>> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
>> error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>>
>> Also see
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Juan el boricua wrote:
>> > Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code
>> > (0x800a0007)came back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on what
>> > it is, and how to fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Re: error code 0x800a0007
Right-click on My Computer | select PROPERTIES: What does it say after
"System" here?

Did you read any of the 3 links I posted in my first reply?

Juan el boricua wrote:
> PA, I guess that it is SP2 because Iuctl.dll was not found. Did
> everything
> else and still no luck. Any advice on how to proceed?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
>> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update
>> (ignore
>> the error mentioned)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883614
>>
>> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
>> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
>> error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>>
>> Also see
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Juan el boricua wrote:
>>> Hi everyone. As I was trying to do an update, an error code
>>> (0x800a0007)came back, and could not update. Anybody with an idea on
>>> what
>>> it is, and how to fix it? Thanks in advance, from Puerto Rico!!

Juan el boricua

Re: error code 0x800a0007
Good day PA. As I checked, it reads SP3, but doing as the threads said did
nothing!!! Could it be a virus or something? Can't recall which, but one of
the threads explained
that when "Iuctl.dll" did not appear, it was SP2. Thanks again, Juan.
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on My Computer | select PROPERTIES: What does it say after
> "System" here?
>
> Did you read any of the 3 links I posted in my first reply?
>
> Juan el boricua wrote:
> > PA, I guess that it is SP2 because Iuctl.dll was not found. Did
> > everything
> > else and still no luck. Any advice on how to proceed?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
> >> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update
> >> (ignore
> >> the error mentioned)
> >>
> >> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> >> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
> >> error and cannot display the requested page" (ditto)
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
> >>
> >> Also see
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...249f71908db487
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: error code 0x800a0007
Don't worry about the absence IUCTL.DLL, Juan. (It's not a WinXP SP2 or
WinXP SP3 file.)

Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you been able to update
via http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com until just recently?

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Security Center: What is the reported
status for (1) anti-virus, (2) firewall, and (3) Automatic Updates? If any
of them are OFF or non-functioning, can you correct the problem from within
Security Center?

in the background when you installed WinXP SP3?

~PA Bear

Juan el boricua wrote:
> Good day PA. As I checked, it reads SP3, but doing as the threads said
> did
> nothing!!! Could it be a virus or something? Can't recall which, but one
> of
> the threads explained
> that when "Iuctl.dll" did not appear, it was SP2. Thanks again, Juan.
>
>> Right-click on My Computer | select PROPERTIES: What does it say after
>> "System" here?
>>
>> Did you read any of the 3 links I posted in my first reply?
>>
>> Juan el boricua wrote:
>>> PA, I guess that it is SP2 because Iuctl.dll was not found. Did
>>> everything
>>> else and still no luck. Any advice on how to proceed?

Juan el boricua

Re: error code 0x800a0007

Good day to all. PA, thanks again. To answer your questions, yes, it is a
new problem. I was aware that no pop ups came (like on the lower right, "new
updates available, and so on..) up from the past three months,, and I tried
to do manual updates with the results discussed here on the 25th. All
security settings appear as ON, and had no third party firewalls. it had
Norton waayy back, but was uninstalled when intro. subscription expired. As
of today, I have Avast 4.8 Home Edition, Netcom 3, AVG free 8.5, and Windows
Defender. Non was running when I tried to update. Any ideas? Still no luck!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Don't worry about the absence IUCTL.DLL, Juan. (It's not a WinXP SP2 or
> WinXP SP3 file.)
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you been able to update
> via http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com until just recently?
>
> Start | Settings | Control Panel | Security Center: What is the reported
> status for (1) anti-virus, (2) firewall, and (3) Automatic Updates? If any
> of them are OFF or non-functioning, can you correct the problem from within
> Security Center?

> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed WinXP SP3?

> ~PA Bear
>
> Juan el boricua wrote:
> > Good day PA. As I checked, it reads SP3, but doing as the threads said
> > did
> > nothing!!! Could it be a virus or something? Can't recall which, but one
> > of
> > the threads explained
> > that when "Iuctl.dll" did not appear, it was SP2. Thanks again, Juan.
> >
> >> Right-click on My Computer | select PROPERTIES: What does it say after
> >> "System" here?
> >>
> >> Did you read any of the 3 links I posted in my first reply?

Re: error code 0x800a0007
1. Download/run the Norton Removal Tool then reboot:

2. You should NOT have more than one (1) anti-virus application installed
and loading at boot. As I do not recommend AVG at all, uninstall it via
Add/Remove Programs and reboot.

3. See if the problems persist now.

Please see this page and take its recommendations seriously:

Virus scanning recommendations for computers that are running Windows Server
2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158