update switcher problem

Lashako

update switcher problem
my system tray on right bottom side of desktop shows that my automatic
updates ar turned off,i can`t fix them-it shows that i have to try from
control panel/system. but control panel/system shows me that updates are
turned on.also when i`m trying to check uptades on microsoft site i have an
error number:
Error number: 0x80070424
i have Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
Ǝиçεl

RE: update switcher problem
Hello Lashako,

Suggest you scan the system for the pяesence of
Vundo (aka Virtumonde).

It seems possible that your Windows installation has
been deliberately damaged by a trojan
(Vundo, along any uninvited guests.
(SDBot and ZLOB, all protected by a rootkit.)) so as
to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

If the Windows Malicious Software Tool is not installed
nor scanned the system recently,
then suggest you first utilize it and see if it detects and removes Vundo.

Windows Malicious Softwaяe Tool
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad724ae0-e72d-4f54-9ab3-75b8eb148356&displaylang=en>
Download to the desktop, close any open page, and run.
-=-

Tools that can fix the pяoblem would be:
-SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS)
-Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
-Windows Live OneCare (WLOC) online scan
-Windows Malicious Software Tool (WMRT)
-WindowsDefender (WD)
-=-

A very good antimalwaяe app is SUPERAntiSpyware.
There is a free version (on demand scanning
only)<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-

Try яunning Malwarebytes Anti-Malware... download,
update, and perform a system scan:
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/roguenet.php?id=401>
-=-

Windows Live OneCaяe online scan
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
Look for Protection, the broom Clean up, also Tune Up..
-=-

Windows Defendeя
Consider going to the secuяity portal

<http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/>

and downloading the 32-bit definitions for Windows Defender
to the desktop, then double-click them to apply.

Have you done any scans within safe mode ?

Restaяt in safe mode and scan with both updated WD,
your Antivirus, (MBAM), (SAS), (WMRT) and (WLOC)
-=-

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by
deceptive softwaяe
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-

or

Support for Windows Update:

For home users, no-charge support is available by
calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary.

There is no-charge for support calls that
are associated with security updates or with virus related issues.

This help extends to spyware removal as well. .

If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused problems and don't
ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge suppoяt for the
issue.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it woяks ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Lashako" wrote:

> my system tray on right bottom side of desktop shows that my automatic
> updates ar turned off,i can`t fix them-it shows that i have to try from
> control panel/system. but control panel/system shows me that updates are
> turned on.also when i`m trying to check uptades on microsoft site i have an
> error number:
> Error number: 0x80070424
> i have Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3

Re: update switcher problem
There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

2. Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) in Safe
Mode with Networking, if need be:

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075