Automatic Update service change to disable and stop automatically

Viet

Automatic Update service change to disable and stop automatically
I don't know why Window Automatic Update service kept changing to
'Disable' in startup type and stopped running. As soon as I changed it
to 'Automatic' for startup type and "Started" status. It stayed there
for about couple minutes and automatic changed to startup type
'Disable' and stopped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Automatic Update service change to disable and stop automatically
Viet wrote:

> I don't know why Window Automatic Update service kept changing to
> 'Disable' in startup type and stopped running. As soon as I changed it
> to 'Automatic' for startup type and "Started" status. It stayed there
> for about couple minutes and automatic changed to startup type
> 'Disable' and stopped. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Win32/Vundo:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...me=Win32/Vundo
http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...tly-vundo.aspx

Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool:

Run this online scan (in "Safe mode with networking", if possible):

Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (freeware):
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
and SUPERAntispyware (freeware):
http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

See and follow:
"Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".
http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx

If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft Product
Support Services.
For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
PCSAFETY (727-2338).
For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product Support
Services Web page (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome).

For the virus/worm issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
Security - Viruses.
Via your newsreader:
Via Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...security.virus

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Viet

Re: Automatic Update service change to disable and stop automatically
On Feb 20, 5:44*am, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
wrote:
> Viet wrote:
> > I don't know why Window Automatic Update service kept changing to
> > 'Disable' in startup type and stopped running. As soon as I changed it
> > to 'Automatic' for startup type and "Started" status. It stayed there
> > for about couple minutes and automatic changed to startup type
> > 'Disable' and stopped. Any ideas?

> > Thanks in advance.

> Win32/Vundo:http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...ncyclopedia-to...
>
> Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool:http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>
> Run this online scan (in "Safe mode with networking", if possible):http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>
> Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (freeware):http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
> and SUPERAntispyware (freeware):http://www.superantispyware.com/down...ctid=SUPERANTI...
>
> See and follow:
> "Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx
>
> If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft Product
> Support Services.
> For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
> PCSAFETY (727-2338).
> For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product Support
> Services Web page (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome).
>
> For the virus/worm issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
> Security - Viruses.
> Via your newsreader:
> Via Web:http://www.microsoft.com/communities...-us/default.as...
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: *http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Thanks. It helped.

Viet wrote:

> On Feb 20, 5:44 am, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
> wrote:
>> Viet wrote:
>>> I don't know why Window Automatic Update service kept changing to
>>> 'Disable' in startup type and stopped running. As soon as I changed it
>>> to 'Automatic' for startup type and "Started" status. It stayed there
>>> for about couple minutes and automatic changed to startup type
>>> 'Disable' and stopped. Any ideas?

>>> Thanks in advance.

>> Win32/Vundo:http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...ncyclopedia-to...
>>
>> Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal
>> Tool:http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> Run this online scan (in "Safe mode with networking", if
>> possible):http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
>> (freeware):http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
>> and SUPERAntispyware
>> (freeware):http://www.superantispyware.com/down...ctid=SUPERANTI...
>>
>> See and follow:
>> "Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and
>> Hijackware".http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx
>>
>> If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft
>> Product
>> Support Services.
>> For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
>> PCSAFETY (727-2338).
>> For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product
>> Support
>> Services Web page (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome).
>>
>> For the virus/worm issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
>> Security - Viruses.
>> Via your newsreader:
>> Via
>> Web:http://www.microsoft.com/communities...-us/default.as...
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

> Thanks. It helped.

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback, Viet.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo