Can't Update Anything On My Vista

Mhiggins1

Can't Update Anything On My Vista
Nothing on my Vista will update including my spyware, windows update, and Im
pretty sure everything else.
on my spyware it says that it failed to get any of the updates and on my
windows update it says:
"Error(s) found:
Code 80244019 Windows Update encountered an unknown error."
I checked on Microsofts website and there was no such error listed.
now my internet works, but a weird thing is that when I use google or any
search engine and click on a link that came up it sometimes redirects me to
other websites.
Does anyone know if this is a virus or if there is any way to fix this
problem?
Engel

RE: Can't Update Anything On My Vista
Hello Mhiggins,

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
-=-

It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows Defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

Please follow the above sugestions

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=35b30 b30-a3bb-4f5b-9ead-cd9c5e6b4b98&mid=e5652fe8-1ea8-49d5-8a16-662d98fdaff3>

"Mhiggins1" wrote:

> Nothing on my Vista will update including my spyware, windows update, and Im
> pretty sure everything else.
> on my spyware it says that it failed to get any of the updates and on my
> windows update it says:
> "Error(s) found:
> Code 80244019 Windows Update encountered an unknown error."
> I checked on Microsofts website and there was no such error listed.
> now my internet works, but a weird thing is that when I use google or any
> search engine and click on a link that came up it sometimes redirects me to
> other websites.
> Does anyone know if this is a virus or if there is any way to fix this
> problem?

Mhiggins1

RE: Can't Update Anything On My Vista
Hey Engel,

When ever I try to do the scan not on safe mode this blue screen comes up
telling me that it detected something and is stopping the computer, and
whenever I do it on safe mode with networking it scans the first section
thing and then when I hit next it says the internet is offline and I lose
everything that was scanned. Any sugestions?
PS you have a wicked cool name where are you from?

mhiggins1
Engel

RE: Can't Update Anything On My Vista
"Error(s) found: Code 80244019 Windows Update encountered an unknown error."

I'd recommend resubmitting your post here:

Staяt a help ticket.

Help and Support

<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=1&gprid=9860>

OR

I'd яecommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in the U.S. or Canada.

Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the number for paid
support in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus or
security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as well.

OR

A Vista reinstalation option ? read a repair install "from F8" on Vista."

Other than that, I'm about out of ideas, so good luck with it.

Let us know maybe someone else can conjuяe up something else to try.
-=-