Error Code: 0x80070645

Error Code

Error Code: 0x80070645
I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
received Error Code: 0x80070645 .

Anyone out there know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help.
error code too

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645
I am getting this same error code when installing this update. My machine
does have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (BETA) installed previously. Working on
figuring out the root of the problem, and I will update here if I do...

"Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

opus44

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645

"Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I researched this and came up with this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

I followed the intructions and I fixed the problem for me.
opus44

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645

"Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

error code too

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645
I glance at the article that OpusXX mentioned, and it looked similar to the
solution that I figured out.

In "add remove programs" from the control panel, be sure to check the box
that says "display updates". I had a beta version of .NET FW 3.5 installed
previously. I removed that update, rebooted my computer, then installed the
..NET FW 3.5 (most recent and NON BETA) and it all worked.

Hope that helps.

"error code too" wrote:

> I am getting this same error code when installing this update. My machine
> does have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (BETA) installed previously. Working on
> figuring out the root of the problem, and I will update here if I do...
>

> "Error Code" wrote:
>
> > I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> > received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
> >
> > Anyone out there know how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

nha

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645 help, someone, please?
Hi: I received the same error code, and have tried everything shown. I did
not have 3.5 beta installed, so, as per link someone here posted from
microsoft, I uninstalled all net framework programs on my computer, cosed
out, and then tried to run the indows install cleanup that the link saqid to
download next - but no reference there to any net framework showing to clean
up. So I turned off my machine eyt again, and tried to reinstall all net
framework programs that I'd had on my computer and uninstalled, and found
that I couldn't install even one of those programs. So it now appears I have
no net frameworks on my computer, I can't install or celan up anything, and
am just thorouly lost and confused. I will try to do the last-resort
uninstall (if there's anything left to uninstall) referred to in the windows
article, but I have a feeling I'm in trouble. Any suggestions from anyone?
I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time. "Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Rainer

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645 help, someone, please?
Hello, I got the same error. No beta installed. Windows Update says that the
product is already downloaded and can be installed. But the install reports
the error, mentioned in the subject, on the Windows Update Page only (no
error code is reported by the local install. The local install only reports
that the install was not successful - no reason mentioned).
How to fix it?
How to change the state: downloaded and ready to install?
How to remove the package from my local PC? or
How to make it work?
BTW - I have searched MS websites the whole morning to find a solution.
Nothing found.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards, Rainer

"nha" wrote:

> Hi: I received the same error code, and have tried everything shown. I did
> not have 3.5 beta installed, so, as per link someone here posted from
> microsoft, I uninstalled all net framework programs on my computer, cosed
> out, and then tried to run the indows install cleanup that the link saqid to
> download next - but no reference there to any net framework showing to clean
> up. So I turned off my machine eyt again, and tried to reinstall all net
> framework programs that I'd had on my computer and uninstalled, and found
> that I couldn't install even one of those programs. So it now appears I have
> no net frameworks on my computer, I can't install or celan up anything, and
> am just thorouly lost and confused. I will try to do the last-resort
> uninstall (if there's anything left to uninstall) referred to in the windows
> article, but I have a feeling I'm in trouble. Any suggestions from anyone?
> I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time. "Error Code" wrote:
>
> > I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> > received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
> >
> > Anyone out there know how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

kenbo

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645

"Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

kenbo

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645
I have the same message and am totally lost. Help is appreciated.

"Error Code" wrote:

> I tried updating to the new Family Pack 3.5 Framework. This was the what I
> received Error Code: 0x80070645 .
>
> Anyone out there know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

nelsontrek

RE: Error Code: 0x80070645
For those people still having this issue I would like to know what OS you are
running. I have 2 people with this same error and both have XP Home SP3. I
have tried the resolution in KB923100 and still getting errors with update
kb951847. I will post back once I find a solution.