error 8007007A

ekugell

error 8007007A
I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
Thank you.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: error 8007007A

"ekugell" <ekugell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FA04F5-4384-4235-8560-63BA7A16CCB5@microsoft.com...
>I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
> that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
> Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
> Thank you.

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
E:\>set /a c = 0x7a
122
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The data area passed to a system call is too small.
</cmd_output>

Hmm... looks like you are going to have to make a data area bigger. <eg>

---

Stumped

Re: error 8007007A

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "ekugell" <ekugell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FA04F5-4384-4235-8560-63BA7A16CCB5@microsoft.com...
> >I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
> > that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
> > Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
> > Thank you.

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
> E:\>set /a c = 0x7a
> 122
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
> </cmd_output>
>
> Hmm... looks like you are going to have to make a data area bigger. <eg>
>

> ---
>

> I've seen your replies everywhere, but how do we make the data area bigger? Your reply does most of us no good ag all!

Mr. Sneech

Re: error 8007007A
Yes, what does that mean???

"Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336DE951-48EF-45D6-922C-6DA923444083@microsoft.com...

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "ekugell" <ekugell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FA04F5-4384-4235-8560-63BA7A16CCB5@microsoft.com...
>> >I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
>> > that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
>> > Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
>> > Thank you.

>> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
>> E:\>set /a c = 0x7a
>> 122
>> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>>
>> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
>> </cmd_output>
>>
>> Hmm... looks like you are going to have to make a data area bigger. <eg>
>>

>> ---
>>

> I've seen your replies everywhere, but how do we make the data area bigger? Your reply does most of us no good ag all!

(incorrect quoting corrected)

It demonstrates how useless complaints which include only an error code
can be when people ask for help. Include some context from your log(s)
if you want help interpreting the diagnostics you are getting with your
problem symptom.

HTH

Robert
---

Stumped

Re: error 8007007A
Ok, on my vista machine I try to get windows to update. It says Windows
cannot update error: 8007007a. I've seen your responses here and there and
it's a cut and pasted reply telling us to "Hmm... looks like you are going
to have to make a data area bigger. " "A DATA AREA" is very broad. What data
area do we need to adjust to make bigger and how in the world do we do it? Is
the request clearer now?????

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336DE951-48EF-45D6-922C-6DA923444083@microsoft.com...

> >> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
> >> E:\>set /a c = 0x7a
> >> 122
> >> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
> >>
> >> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
> >> </cmd_output>
> >>
> >> Hmm... looks like you are going to have to make a data area bigger. <eg>
> >>

> >> ---
> >>

> > I've seen your replies everywhere, but how do we make the data area bigger? Your reply does most of us no good ag all!

> (incorrect quoting corrected)
>
> It demonstrates how useless complaints which include only an error code
> can be when people ask for help. Include some context from your log(s)
> if you want help interpreting the diagnostics you are getting with your
> problem symptom.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert
> ---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: error 8007007A

"Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17CDECD2-6907-492B-B0CF-43AB60594E8E@microsoft.com...
> Ok, on my vista machine I try to get windows to update. It says Windows
> cannot update error: 8007007a. I've seen your responses here and there and
> it's a cut and pasted reply telling us to "Hmm... looks like you are going
> to have to make a data area bigger. "

> "A DATA AREA" is very broad.

According to the code you're getting, the one you have is
not "broad" enough. <EG>

> What data area do we need to adjust to make bigger
> and how in the world do we do it?

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to find the code is bogus.
Have you tried to find its context yet? ; )

> Is the request clearer now?????

Without any context it is just as useless as I implied.

Good luck

Robert
---

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

>> > I've seen your replies everywhere, but how do we make the data area bigger? Your reply does most of us no good ag all!

>> (incorrect quoting corrected)
>>
>> It demonstrates how useless complaints which include only an error code
>> can be when people ask for help. Include some context from your log(s)
>> if you want help interpreting the diagnostics you are getting with your
>> problem symptom.
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> Robert
>> ---

updateerror

RE: error 8007007A

"ekugell" wrote:

> I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
> that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
> Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
> Thank you.

roehlski

RE: error 8007007A
If it is any consolation I am having the same problem. Since the previous
support string was not helpful, for apparrent lack of context, I thought I
would help ekugell by stating what I am seeing.
1. EVERY time I turn on my computer, I am notified that I have updates.
2. I am promted to check for updates.
3. I am told that updates are available but I need to install an update to
Windows Update.
4. I push the button and the indications are that the computer is going
through its machinations.
5. I am told update could not "search for updates" due to 800700A error.

It appears that ekugell and I are unique, since even googling the error code
only gets me to this wholly unhelpful dialogue that ekugell had with a Robert
Aldwickle.

Sorry Ekugell, I can not help you, but you are not alone.

"updateerror" wrote:

> "ekugell" wrote:
>
> > I have windons Vista Home Premium, 32. Lately, I am getting a message saying
> > that windows cannot check and install updates due to error 8007007A.
> > Can someone help me how to fix it this error?
> > Thank you.

Re: error 8007007A
There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm