Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error on page

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2009
Mohave tech
 

Posts: n/a
Error on page
the windows update page keeps coming up with an error, it worked fine a few
hours ago now it fails on several machines. Did the site blow up?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error on page
Mohave tech wrote:
:: the windows update page keeps coming up with an error, it worked
:: fine a few hours ago now it fails on several machines. Did the site
:: blow up?


You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2010
Steve
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error on page
I am constantly getting this "Error on Page" on various web pages. It does
not let me go beyond the error page. Here is the latest when I was attempting
to ge to run a "Full Service Scan" from "Windows Live OneCare":

Webpage error details

User Agent: Empty (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET
CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
Timestamp: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:02:29 UTC


Message: Object expected
Line: 1
Char: 20216
Code: 0
URI: http://js.shared.live.com/2EGC9Cgiid...frameworkex.js


Message: Object expected
Line: 1
Char: 20216
Code: 0
URI: http://js.shared.live.com/2EGC9Cgiid...frameworkex.js


Message: '$Dom' is undefined
Line: 1
Char: 249
Code: 0
URI: http://js.shared.live.com/2EGC9Cgiid...wrdAdQ/shim.js


Message: Object expected
Line: 1
Char: 37511
Code: 0
URI: http://js.shared.live.com/2EGC9Cgiid...frameworkex.js



"TaurArian" wrote:

> Mohave tech wrote:
> :: the windows update page keeps coming up with an error, it worked
> :: fine a few hours ago now it fails on several machines. Did the site
> :: blow up?
>
>
> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error on page
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems
in an IE-specific newsgroup. State your IE version and full Windows version
(e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your
first post. Thank you.
--
IE-specific newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
www.banthecheck.com


Steve wrote:
> I am constantly getting this "Error on Page" on various web pages. It does
> not let me go beyond the error page. Here is the latest when I was
> attempting to ge to run a "Full Service Scan" from "Windows Live OneCare":
>
> Webpage error details
>
> User Agent: Empty (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET
> CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR
> 3.5.30729; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
> Timestamp: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:02:29 UTC
>
>
> Message: Object expected
> Line: 1
> Char: 20216
> Code: 0
> URI: http://js.shared.live.com/2EGC9Cgiid...frameworkex.js

<SNIP HIJACKED THREAD>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2010
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error on page

"Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2125B5D-381F-483F-B6E8-AF1D6CF760F7@microsoft.com...
>I am constantly getting this "Error on Page" on various web pages. It does
> not let me go beyond the error page. Here is the latest when I was attempting
> to ge to run a "Full Service Scan" from "Windows Live OneCare":
>
> Webpage error details
>


> User Agent: Empty (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET
> CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
> msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)



"Empty?" How did that get there? Almost universally that will say
Mozilla/4.0 instead. E.g. that is what the MSIE 8.0 is supposedly
compatible with. I have no idea what a host would think being
compatible with Empty might mean. Typically what happens
when a host can't parse a User-Agent string is that it just assumes
the worst and decides that your browser has 0 capabilities, such as
no script support (and certainly no ActiveX support), etc. Then, if other
components for that page do get included by making different assumptions
about the User-Agent it should be no wonder that the browser reports errors
from the resulting inconsistencies.

Fix your User-Agent string!


FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help! error on page Eileen microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 10-27-2008 00:17
Error on page Alberto & Silvia microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 10-26-2008 05:55
Error on Page Jaded microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 09-11-2008 16:46
Error Message - Page error in non page area Don microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 08-04-2008 16:20
error on page. Try again later Janie Douglas microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 02-10-2008 05:47




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:35.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120