Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140

regina

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem? It
never happened before? Help please
--
RB
Enigma

RE: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
I have the same problem. Nobody knows the solution?

"regina" wrote:

> I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem? It
> never happened before? Help please
> --
> RB

ANONYMOUS

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
No problems here:

I used IE6, and Mozilla and both works fine.

regina wrote:

> I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem? It
> never happened before? Help please
> --
> RB

Mich

"ANONYMOUS" wrote:

> No problems here:

> I used IE6, and Mozilla and both works fine.
>

> regina wrote:
>
> > I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> > computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> > times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem? It
> > never happened before? Help please
> > --
> > RB

> Sorry , I have downloaded the file in English and in French, I have always the problem, although the install seems ok. Again I receive the update and it fails always

John E

"regina" <regina48237> wrote in message
>I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem?
> It
> never happened before? Help please
> --
> RB

Do you have an error code? I had a problem with this upgrade with an error
F2. I had some special circumstances, in that I had previously installed
Windows 7 followed by office 2003. Windows 7 decided to allocate different
letters to two of my disks, including one which had the MSO Cache (setup
files). Then after a couple of days I reinstalled Vista using an image
backup.

The error happened the first time I ran windows update after replacing
Vista, and I worked out (with some help from the internet) that the reason
was that update/office could no longer find the MSO Cache files.

Anyway in your case, maybe your MSO Cache files have become deleted or
corrupted. I resolved the problem by reinstalling Office 2003, and then the
update worked just fine.

John

Bubba

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
I got the same error. Tried using the detect and repair function of Outlook
and it failed. Also tried a repair install of Office 2003 Pro which failed
as did a reinstall. Suspect something has corrupted my install of office.
Interestingly I also tried using magic jelly beans keyfinder to determine my
product key since I have two original boxes of Office 2003 and wasn't sure
which one was installed on this machine. Keyfinder didn't see my Office key
only my WinXP key. Windows update and Office Update both validate my copy
of Office as good. Manually downloading the update and trying to install
didn't work either. Strange! Any ideas?

Bubba

Aly

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140

test
"John E" wrote:

> "regina" <regina48237> wrote in message
> >I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> > computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> > times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem?
> > It
> > never happened before? Help please
> > --
> > RB

> Do you have an error code? I had a problem with this upgrade with an error
> F2. I had some special circumstances, in that I had previously installed
> Windows 7 followed by office 2003. Windows 7 decided to allocate different
> letters to two of my disks, including one which had the MSO Cache (setup
> files). Then after a couple of days I reinstalled Vista using an image
> backup.
>
> The error happened the first time I ran windows update after replacing
> Vista, and I worked out (with some help from the internet) that the reason
> was that update/office could no longer find the MSO Cache files.
>
> Anyway in your case, maybe your MSO Cache files have become deleted or
> corrupted. I resolved the problem by reinstalling Office 2003, and then the
> update worked just fine.
>
> John

Aly

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
I have had this problem for over one year. When I tried the stand-alone update:

No problems here:

I got and error message that drive D:\ din not exist. Used partition magic
to create a logical D: drive and lo and behold the installation worked!

Aly

"John E" wrote:

> "regina" <regina48237> wrote in message
> >I tried now for the last 1/2 hour to download this update. Every time my
> > computer fails, and I get a message, that there is an error. I tried it 3
> > times, and each time I got red Questionmark? What seems to be the problem?
> > It
> > never happened before? Help please
> > --
> > RB

> Do you have an error code? I had a problem with this upgrade with an error
> F2. I had some special circumstances, in that I had previously installed
> Windows 7 followed by office 2003. Windows 7 decided to allocate different
> letters to two of my disks, including one which had the MSO Cache (setup
> files). Then after a couple of days I reinstalled Vista using an image
> backup.
>
> The error happened the first time I ran windows update after replacing
> Vista, and I worked out (with some help from the internet) that the reason
> was that update/office could no longer find the MSO Cache files.
>
> Anyway in your case, maybe your MSO Cache files have become deleted or
> corrupted. I resolved the problem by reinstalling Office 2003, and then the
> update worked just fine.
>
> John

Aly

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter; KB959140
The the update required a D: drive. I used partition magic to create a
logical D drive and installation was successful.