Error Code 80070424 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...

Bankbuyer

Error Code 80070424 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...
I am receiving this error message when I try to update my Vista Ultmate 64
bit. I have tried all the fixes listed in the group to no avail.

The O/S shows last update as Never but I know that is not true. I started
getting this error over two months ago but never really had time to deal with
it. I still do not have the time but it needs to be done.

Any ideas?

Re: Error Code 80070424 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...
Start | Run | (type or copy/paste) regsvr32 wuaueng.dll | [OK]

Otherwise, chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware
infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bankbuyer wrote:
> I am receiving this error message when I try to update my Vista Ultmate 64
> bit. I have tried all the fixes listed in the group to no avail.
>
> The O/S shows last update as Never but I know that is not true. I started
> getting this error over two months ago but never really had time to deal
> with it. I still do not have the time but it needs to be done.
>
> Any ideas?

TopCat

Re: Error Code 80070424 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...
Having the same issue. Tried your suggestion about running the .dll and
recv'd error #0x80070005.
Ran full scan with W.Defender and recv'd no suspicious feedback. The new
Mal.Removal is running right now. Regularly run Ad-Aware '08 and also find
only tracking cookies.
Another twist to kink the tale: I've tried to download a number of the
latest security updates and such directly from the download center at
Microsoft. A couple did just fine (hence the MalRemoval) but any of the
security updates kick back a notice that they are not pertanent to my system.
If this IS a malware, could it somehow be hiding which OS should be being
updated? I'm assuming that if Microsoft doesn't know which Windows you have,
they can't offer the proper updates. I could be wrong as some of the updates
I tried on the stand alone installer required authentication, but who knows.

Re: Error Code 80070424 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...
You are welcome to begin a new thread about /your/ problem, even if in the
unlikely event you're also running Vista Ultmate 64-bit (SP1?).