failed to install windows xp service pack 2

Alex

failed to install windows xp service pack 2
I have a laptop with windows xp home edition version 2002. A year ago I had
problem with the hard disk and replaced it. Since I had issues I bought
another pc with windows xp media center edition version 2002 service pack2.
I tried to use the laptop once in a while. Now I wanted to use it regularly
but I am having all kindof problems including security. Inorder to install
ani-virus software I have to install xp service pack 2 but everytime I try to
do so it fails. Is there any way I can install the xp service pack 2 so
that I can use it safely. I am not getting error message. It just says
installation failed. In the histry it shows 15 updates that has to be
installed.

I can't even use my pc because everytime I reboot it I see a blank desktop
with no icons and a pop up error " windows-no disk. Exception processing
message c0000013 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c. This problem occuered when I was
trying to transfer some files between the laptop and the pc using memory
stick.

I understand this forum is for windows update only but I greately appreciate
if you help me out or refer me to a link for resolution to the second issue.
Thanks
Engel

RE: failed to install windows xp service pack 2
Hello Alex,

A Microsoft web site dedicated to Service Pack 2:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Support Center
<http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=windowsxpsp2>

Good to read
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
<http://winhlp.com/node/125>

Good luck
-=-

"Alex" wrote:

> I have a laptop with windows xp home edition version 2002. A year ago I had
> problem with the hard disk and replaced it. Since I had issues I bought
> another pc with windows xp media center edition version 2002 service pack2.
> I tried to use the laptop once in a while. Now I wanted to use it regularly
> but I am having all kindof problems including security. Inorder to install
> ani-virus software I have to install xp service pack 2 but everytime I try to
> do so it fails. Is there any way I can install the xp service pack 2 so
> that I can use it safely. I am not getting error message. It just says
> installation failed. In the histry it shows 15 updates that has to be
> installed.
>
> I can't even use my pc because everytime I reboot it I see a blank desktop
> with no icons and a pop up error " windows-no disk. Exception processing
> message c0000013 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c. This problem occuered when I was
> trying to transfer some files between the laptop and the pc using memory
> stick.
>
> I understand this forum is for windows update only but I greately appreciate
> if you help me out or refer me to a link for resolution to the second issue.
> Thanks

Re: failed to install windows xp service pack 2
Right-click on My Computer | Properties | What WinXP version is displayed
here, Alex?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/