getting rid of dll file

whitney

getting rid of dll file
On my home computer, there was a virus (Vondu, I believe). I used Spybot and
super antispyware. It deleted everything with the viruses (did suggestions
from this board).

I have XP....when I started the computer, it stated it couldn’t find the
application with ratfnopx.dll. I found it in system32, and deleted it
(currently in my recycle bin).

Now, when I start up the computer, it says :
Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
The specified module could not be found

If I put the file back in the system 32 folder, then the computer starts up
with two error boxes:

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll in not a valid
Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
%1 is not a valide Win32 application

I would appreciate your help. I am not computer savvy at all, and need
this off the computer. Thanks
Jim

Re: getting rid of dll file

"whitney" <whitney@donotspam> wrote in message
> On my home computer, there was a virus (Vondu, I believe). I used Spybot
> and
> super antispyware. It deleted everything with the viruses (did
> suggestions
> from this board).
>
> I have XP....when I started the computer, it stated it couldn't find the
> application with ratfnopx.dll. I found it in system32, and deleted it
> (currently in my recycle bin).
>
> Now, when I start up the computer, it says :
> Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
> The specified module could not be found
>
> If I put the file back in the system 32 folder, then the computer starts
> up
> with two error boxes:
>
> The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll in not a valid
> Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
>

> Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
> %1 is not a valide Win32 application
>
> I would appreciate your help. I am not computer savvy at all, and need
> this off the computer. Thanks

Evidently, the virus removal left some traces behind...

There is still an entry for the clearly bogus dll in the startup process.
You can remove activation of the dll with msconfig.

Press Start
Select Run
Enter msconfig
Select the startup tab.
Go down the list until you find the box which convers the dll.
Uncheck the box.
Exit

Then you will need to reboot. A big nasty box will appear which means that
you changed the startup.

Check the box which says "Don't show me this again".

If you do not find the ratfnopx.dll, then post back.

Jim

whitney

Re: getting rid of dll file
You are AWESOME, Jim!!! Thank you soooo much for helping me ~ it worked!

> You are AWESOME, Jim!!! Thank you soooo much for helping me ~ it worked!
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>

>> "whitney" <whitney@donotspam> wrote in message
>> > On my home computer, there was a virus (Vondu, I believe). I used
>> > Spybot
>> > and
>> > super antispyware. It deleted everything with the viruses (did
>> > suggestions
>> > from this board).
>> >
>> > I have XP....when I started the computer, it stated it couldn't find
>> > the
>> > application with ratfnopx.dll. I found it in system32, and deleted it
>> > (currently in my recycle bin).
>> >
>> > Now, when I start up the computer, it says :
>> > Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
>> > The specified module could not be found
>> >
>> > If I put the file back in the system 32 folder, then the computer
>> > starts
>> > up
>> > with two error boxes:
>> >
>> > The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll in not a valid
>> > Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
>> >

>> > Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
>> > %1 is not a valide Win32 application
>> >
>> > I would appreciate your help. I am not computer savvy at all, and need
>> > this off the computer. Thanks

>> Evidently, the virus removal left some traces behind...
>>
>> There is still an entry for the clearly bogus dll in the startup process.
>> You can remove activation of the dll with msconfig.
>>
>> Press Start
>> Select Run
>> Enter msconfig
>> Select the startup tab.
>> Go down the list until you find the box which convers the dll.
>> Uncheck the box.
>> Exit
>>
>> Then you will need to reboot. A big nasty box will appear which means
>> that
>> you changed the startup.
>>
>> Check the box which says "Don't show me this again".
>>
>> If you do not find the ratfnopx.dll, then post back.
>>
>> Jim

Thanks, but the procedure is hardly original to me.
Jim

glcounts1967

help
What do i need to do if this message comes up
The application or DLL C:/windows/system32 zazovuba.dll is not a valid
windows image. Plaease check the against your installation diskette.
thanks gloria counts
glcounts1967@hotmail.com

"whitney" wrote:

> On my home computer, there was a virus (Vondu, I believe). I used Spybot and
> super antispyware. It deleted everything with the viruses (did suggestions
> from this board).
>
> I have XP....when I started the computer, it stated it couldn’t find the
> application with ratfnopx.dll. I found it in system32, and deleted it
> (currently in my recycle bin).
>
> Now, when I start up the computer, it says :
> Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
> The specified module could not be found
>
> If I put the file back in the system 32 folder, then the computer starts up
> with two error boxes:
>
> The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll in not a valid
> Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
>

> Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ratfnopx.dll
> %1 is not a valide Win32 application
>
> I would appreciate your help. I am not computer savvy at all, and need
> this off the computer. Thanks

Re: help
You, too, have a "Vondu" infection...and probably more!

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

logs in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm