erorr code 0x8ddd0004

jpat68

erorr code 0x8ddd0004

[Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the
Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer (Add-ons Disabled) mode only prevents the use of ActiveX
controls, including those used by the Microsoft Update website. To get
updates using this browser mode, you need to turn on Automatic Updates on
your computer or visit the Windows Update website.

If these steps don’t work, try visiting the site later or using the
resources provided below.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:
Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for update-related issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x8DDD0004) yourself.

this is what happens when i try to install active x control on windows update
TaurArian

Re: erorr code 0x8ddd0004
jpat68 wrote:
:: [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
:: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
:: you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the
:: problem:
:: Refresh the page.
:: In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going
:: to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
:: Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.
::
[...]

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x8ddd0004 error
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

Error that you see in the upper-right corner when you visit the Windows
Update Web site on a Windows XP-based computer: "[Error number: 0x8DDD0004]"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914224

Error message when you scan for updates on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based
computer: "Error number: 0x8DDD0004"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914227

Check points:-

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator (if you are not the
Administrator, then log in as an Administrator and try Windows Update
again).

Make sure your firewall is not blocking the Update site and check any pop up
stopper programs.

Make sure that automatic updating of trusted root authority certificates is
on
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc786443.aspx

1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
4. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Note
.. To open Add/Remove Windows Components, click Start, click Control Panel,
click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.

Check IE security settings, make sure they are not set too high

Delete cookies and temp files

If necessary:-

Reinstall the ActiveX files - this article will show you how
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916259

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

jpat68

Re: erorr code 0x8ddd0004

there is no
%windir%\System32 folder found in my file would that be problem.

jpat68 wrote:
::::: [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
::::: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
::::: you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving
::::: the problem:
::::: Refresh the page.
::::: In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by
::::: going to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
::::: Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.
:::::
[...]
:::
"TaurArian" wrote:
:::
::: When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x8ddd0004 error
:::
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
:::
::: Error that you see in the upper-right corner when you visit the
::: Windows Update Web site on a Windows XP-based computer: "[Error
::: number: 0x8DDD0004]" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914224
:::
::: Error message when you scan for updates on a Windows XP Service
::: Pack 2-based computer: "Error number: 0x8DDD0004"
pat68 wrote:
:: there is no
:: %windir%\System32 folder found in my file would that be problem.

"TaurArian" wrote:

%windir%\system32 is a folder
Click Start, select run and type in: %windir%\system32

(translation: C:\Windows\System32), the % are wild cards so to speak.