active x - wont install cant use windows update!

miap7

active x - wont install cant use windows update!
everytime I go to the site, it redirects me to install active X controls, by
clicking o n the information bar. Well the information bar does not come up.
for a while it did, and each time I would run the program, but nothing would
happen, over and over, now the info bar wont even pop up.

on a side note, my recycle bin is immediately erasing everything I send
there, and the box is not checked instricting it to do that. so I have no
idea why it is permanently erasing my recycle bin contens.

HELP!

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

miap7 wrote:
> everytime I go to the site, it redirects me to install active X controls,
> by
> clicking o n the information bar. Well the information bar does not come
> up.
> for a while it did, and each time I would run the program, but nothing
> would
> happen, over and over, now the info bar wont even pop up.
>
> on a side note, my recycle bin is immediately erasing everything I send
> there, and the box is not checked instricting it to do that. so I have no
> idea why it is permanently erasing my recycle bin contens.
>
> HELP!

miap7

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
These helped to clean up my system, so I thank you! but for some reason the
information bar still will not pop up on the windows update. and things are
still being automatically erased from my recycle bin. any other ideas?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>
> 3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> log to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> miap7 wrote:
> > everytime I go to the site, it redirects me to install active X controls,
> > by
> > clicking o n the information bar. Well the information bar does not come
> > up.
> > for a while it did, and each time I would run the program, but nothing
> > would
> > happen, over and over, now the info bar wont even pop up.
> >
> > on a side note, my recycle bin is immediately erasing everything I send
> > there, and the box is not checked instricting it to do that. so I have no
> > idea why it is permanently erasing my recycle bin contens.
> >
> > HELP!

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
Please post a link to the forum thread where you've posted your HijackThis
log for review by an expert (see #3 in previous reply).

miap7 wrote:
> These helped to clean up my system, so I thank you! but for some reason
> the
> information bar still will not pop up on the windows update. and things
> are
> still being automatically erased from my recycle bin. any other ideas?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.
>>
>> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> 3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your
>> hijackthis
>> log to an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
>> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
>>
>> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
>> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
>> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
>> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
>> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
>> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> =====================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> miap7 wrote:
>>> everytime I go to the site, it redirects me to install active X
>>> controls,
>>> by
>>> clicking o n the information bar. Well the information bar does not come
>>> up.
>>> for a while it did, and each time I would run the program, but nothing
>>> would
>>> happen, over and over, now the info bar wont even pop up.
>>>
>>> on a side note, my recycle bin is immediately erasing everything I send
>>> there, and the box is not checked instricting it to do that. so I have
>>> no
>>> idea why it is permanently erasing my recycle bin contens.
>>>
>>> HELP!

miap7

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
ok, sorry! i just did it. :-)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please post a link to the forum thread where you've posted your HijackThis
> log for review by an expert (see #3 in previous reply).
>
> miap7 wrote:
> > These helped to clean up my system, so I thank you! but for some reason
> > the
> > information bar still will not pop up on the windows update. and things
> > are
> > still being automatically erased from my recycle bin. any other ideas?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.
> >>
> >> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
> >>
> >> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
> >> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
> >>
> >> 3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your
> >> hijackthis
> >> log to an appropriate forum.
> >>
> >> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> >> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
> >>
> >> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
> >> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> >> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
> >> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> >> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> >> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
> >> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
> >> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
> >> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
> >>
> >> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> >> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> >> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop.
> >> =====================
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
And the link to your thread is...?

miap7 wrote:
> ok, sorry! i just did it. :-)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please post a link to the forum thread where you've posted your
>> HijackThis
>> log for review by an expert (see #3 in previous reply).
>>
>> miap7 wrote:
>>> These helped to clean up my system, so I thank you! but for some reason
>>> the
>>> information bar still will not pop up on the windows update. and things
>>> are
>>> still being automatically erased from my recycle bin. any other ideas?

miap7

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
wow, can u tell im somewhat clueless about this? I am not srue if this is
right...

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...p?topic=1628.0

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And the link to your thread is...?
>
> miap7 wrote:
> > ok, sorry! i just did it. :-)
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please post a link to the forum thread where you've posted your
> >> HijackThis
> >> log for review by an expert (see #3 in previous reply).

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
Thanks.

Before you posted, did you read
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?topic=87.0 and
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?topic=88.0 ??

When does your Norton Internet Security subscription expire?
--
~PA Bear

miap7 wrote:
> wow, can u tell im somewhat clueless about this? I am not srue if this is
> right...
>
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...p?topic=1628.0
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> And the link to your thread is...?
>>
>> miap7 wrote:
>>> ok, sorry! i just did it. :-)

miap7

Re: active x - wont install cant use windows update!
well i did it sort of like that, but I just did it again. no i had not read
it though.
my subscription expires in May 09