USB Printers no longer work/install after XP MCE SP3 update .... H

ID-Dizzy

USB Printers no longer work/install after XP MCE SP3 update .... H
Hi

My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working after i installed SP3 and i
thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
broken or.....?

I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back and
today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently because
the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do my
usb pen and disk drives?

My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3

can anyone help as i really need a working printer?

Many Thanks

Re: USB Printers no longer work/install after XP MCE SP3 update .... H
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09.
(Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.)
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
"Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"

Also see...

Device Manager...may be blank after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791

Device Manager may not show any devices...after you install Windows XP
Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953979

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ID-Dizzy wrote:
> Hi
>
> My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working after i installed SP3 and i
> thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
> broken or.....?
>
> I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
> with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back
> and
> today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently
> because
> the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
> working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do
> my
> usb pen and disk drives?
>
> My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3
>
> can anyone help as i really need a working printer?
>
> Many Thanks

Jim

"ID-Dizzy" <IDDizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working after i installed SP3 and i
> thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
> broken or.....?
>
> I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
> with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back
> and
> today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently
> because
> the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
> working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do
> my
> usb pen and disk drives?
>
> My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3
>
> can anyone help as i really need a working printer?
>
> Many Thanks

So, your USB keyboard does not connect, and your USB printer software will
not install. While it is tempting to blame SP3, I must tell you that the
USB printers on both of my systems operate quite well.
What error messages did the installations report?
Jim

SLM285

"Jim" wrote:

> "ID-Dizzy" <IDDizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working after i installed SP3 and i
> > thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
> > broken or.....?
> >
> > I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
> > with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back
> > and
> > today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently
> > because
> > the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
> > working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do
> > my
> > usb pen and disk drives?
> >
> > My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3
> >
> > can anyone help as i really need a working printer?
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >

> So, your USB keyboard does not connect, and your USB printer software will
> not install. While it is tempting to blame SP3, I must tell you that the
> USB printers on both of my systems operate quite well.
> What error messages did the installations report?
> Jim
>

> I tried several Computers, 2 Dell Deskstops and 3 Notebook Computers, HP, Toshiba, and Fujitsu, all failed, if Windows XP SP3 was in the Computer, it failed when it tried to display 3rd popup window, about user input, while being on the internet, with Printer not connected, I have been trying to use this printer since Windows XP SP3 appeared, with no success until today, I plugged in USB cable and wizard appeared about finding a device, first question I picked no, then next, 2nd question was 2nd one down, next question was scan CD for drivers, I place

CD in and it finds it and displays all the drivers, then writes ready to work.

Worked so good it worked better than the HP Photosmart (which is not smart)
ever did in Windows XP SP2, that software is a nightmare. All you to do
check start then computer then icon or check print in browser or anywhere a
print appears and it prints