Windows Update (Vista) won't download

Jefe

Windows Update (Vista) won't download
I have Windows Vista Ultimate w/ service pack 1. every time i check for
updates and try to download them, the update manager says it's downloading,
but the progress bar remains at zero no matter how long i leave it be.
whenever i go to turn on or off the computer, it tries to configure the
updates that it failed to install. i think this started happening about a
month ago right after i downloaded a bunch of updates. right after i
downloaded them, my anti-virus found a threat. i took care of it, rebooted,
and the computer crashed. after a system restore, the update manager hasn't
been able to download. there is no error codes or anything, it just fails to
receive anything from microsoft. everything else works just fine. if you can
help, it would be much appreciated.

Re: Windows Update (Vista) won't download
> ...my anti-virus found a threat. i took care of it, rebooted,
> and the computer crashed.

You probably have much more work to do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.