Update redirects to msn.com

Information

Update redirects to msn.com
We have a machine with the above issue...it also cannot update anti-viruses
(we've tried AVG and Avira, not concurrently).

Online research mentions the router is the culprit, but no other machine
in-house has this issue. The DNS address in the network properties is also
auto-assigned by the router.

ipconfig confirms DNS's are through the router.

Any additional insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Dan

Shenan Stanley

Re: Update redirects to msn.com
Information wrote:
> We have a machine with the above issue...it also cannot update
> anti-viruses (we've tried AVG and Avira, not concurrently).
>
> Online research mentions the router is the culprit, but no other
> machine in-house has this issue. The DNS address in the network
> properties is also auto-assigned by the router.
>
> ipconfig confirms DNS's are through the router.
>
> Any additional insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (seperately) with the

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

whatever they both find completely - you can remove them if you like.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Update redirects to msn.com
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm