outlook express 6.0

smokey

outlook express 6.0
running xp. I am unable to open oe just get a message saying that it has
encountered a problem and must close.
this happens on and offline any clues out there would be much appreciated
--
giveusaclue
Grannymyrt

RE: outlook express 6.0

"smokey" wrote:

> running xp. I am unable to open oe just get a message saying that it has
> encountered a problem and must close.
> this happens on and offline any clues out there would be much appreciated
> --
> giveusaclue

Grannymyrt

RE: outlook express 6.0
I have the same trouble and it is very disgusting. When I follow the links I
am told that it is a windows problem and it can't be solved. It suggests that
I should install all updates but even though I go thru that process (which I
also have it done automatically)it doesn't help. I am glad to know I am not
the only one having this problem.

"smokey" wrote:

> running xp. I am unable to open oe just get a message saying that it has
> encountered a problem and must close.
> this happens on and offline any clues out there would be much appreciated
> --
> giveusaclue

Rich

Re: outlook express 6.0
Googling "Outlook express encountered a problem and must close" comes up
with 22000 hits!

The first one is:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900930

Try starting there.

"smokey" <smokey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> running xp. I am unable to open oe just get a message saying that it has
> encountered a problem and must close.
> this happens on and offline any clues out there would be much appreciated
> --
> giveusaclue

Re: outlook express 6.0
<pft>

Rich wrote:
> Googling "Outlook express encountered a problem and must close" comes up
> with 22000 hits!
>
> The first one is:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900930
>
> Try starting there.
>
> "smokey" <smokey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> running xp. I am unable to open oe just get a message saying that it has
>> encountered a problem and must close.
>> this happens on and offline any clues out there would be much appreciated
>> --
>> giveusaclue

Re: outlook express 6.0
[Crosspost to OE General]

Your problem has nothing to do with Windows Update. Start here:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

General OE Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm