Audio Problems after update

edkinn

Audio Problems after update
After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS
INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and indicates
that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!
wobbuffet

RE: Audio Problems after update
i have the same problem!has anyone found a solution yet? if so can you let me
know

"edkinn" wrote:

> After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
> system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS
> INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and indicates
> that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!

Re: Audio Problems after update
posting to this newsgroup.

Which update(s)?

edkinn wrote:
> After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
> system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE
> IS
> INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and indicates
> that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!

ace

Re: Audio Problems after update
I Also have a problem with no sound!! I have Win XP. after update i have
nothing!! thought it was speakers and soundcard at first but when i went into
the control panel it acts like i don't even have speakers connected!!??
PLEASE HELP!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which update(s)?
>
> edkinn wrote:
> > After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
> > system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE
> > IS
> > INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and indicates
> > that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!

edkinn

Re: Audio Problems after update
Windows Vista. How do I determine which update it was. All I know is that
it was a service pak. Any help is appreciated.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which update(s)?
>
> edkinn wrote:
> > After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
> > system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE
> > IS
> > INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and indicates
> > that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!

Re: Audio Problems after update
Right-click on My Computer | Properties: What Vista version is displayed on
the resulting tab?

CrystalBall© sez...

=> You experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista
Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481

=> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
available at no charge through (but only through) 18 Mar-09:

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

edkinn wrote:
> Windows Vista. How do I determine which update it was. All I know is
> that
> it was a service pak. Any help is appreciated.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Which update(s)?
>>
>> edkinn wrote:
>>> After a recent update, a red x appeared next to the speaker icon in the
>>> system tray. When I hover over the icon, it says: NO AUDIO OUTPUT
>>> DEVICE
>>> IS
>>> INSTALLED. The device manager recognizes the output device and
>>> indicates
>>> that the driver is up to date. HELP!!! I have no sound!

Ace

Re: Audio Problems after update
What about XP?? Will this work the same??

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on My Computer | Properties: What Vista version is displayed on
> the resulting tab?
>
> CrystalBall© sez...
>
> => You experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista
> Service Pack 1
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481
>
> => Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> available at no charge through (but only through) 18 Mar-09:
>
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> edkinn wrote:
> > Windows Vista. How do I determine which update it was. All I know is
> > that
> > it was a service pak. Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Which update(s)?

Re: Audio Problems after update
No. Will a Chevy drive belt work on your Ford? Please begin a new thread
about /your/ problems, Ace.

Ace wrote:
> What about XP?? Will this work the same??
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Right-click on My Computer | Properties: What Vista version is displayed
>> on
>> the resulting tab?
>>
>> CrystalBall© sez...
>>
>> => You experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista
>> Service Pack 1
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481
>>
>> => Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available at no charge through (but only through) 18 Mar-09:
>>
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> edkinn wrote:
>>> Windows Vista. How do I determine which update it was. All I know is
>>> that
>>> it was a service pak. Any help is appreciated.

edkinn

Re: Audio Problems after update
The following link solved the issue:

Thanks for the help!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No. Will a Chevy drive belt work on your Ford? Please begin a new thread
> about /your/ problems, Ace.
>
> Ace wrote:
> > What about XP?? Will this work the same??
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Right-click on My Computer | Properties: What Vista version is displayed
> >> on
> >> the resulting tab?
> >>
> >> CrystalBall© sez...
> >>
> >> => You experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista
> >> Service Pack 1
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481
> >>
> >> => Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> >> available at no charge through (but only through) 18 Mar-09:
> >>
> >> • US:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • CA:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • UK:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • AU:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> >> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Audio Problems after update
YW. What did MS Support offer or do to resolve the problem, Ed?