Windows update is not working since november !!!

NISCAR

Windows update is not working since november !!!
My Windows is saying that a new update for windows update must be installed.
But after doing this (or not...?), he starts saying dat I must search for
new updates.
And again the same description about the new update for windows update is
repeated. So it keeps in a loop....!?. Windows is now not updated since
november..!
Wat can I do, please help. THANKS !
Shenan Stanley

Re: Windows update is not working since november !!!
NISCAR wrote:
> My Windows is saying that a new update for windows update must be
> installed. But after doing this (or not...?), he starts saying dat
> I must search for new updates.
> And again the same description about the new update for windows
> update is repeated. So it keeps in a loop....!?. Windows is now not
> updated since november..!
> Wat can I do, please help.

Not texting - this is a newsgroup. ;-)

Anyway - you must have read other postings (or I would guess/hope you looked
at other postings) before posting yours - so you know what's next:

- What operating system are you running?
- What service pack level is said operating system?

(Start button --> Run --> winver --> OK. Look at the top
picture for exact Windows version and the line starting
with the word "version" below that for details. Post
both fully here.)

- What specific update (KB######) is repeating on you?

When posting to a newsgroup, you have to remember that we cannot see your
computer, read your mind or perform any other 'magic'. We do not know what
you have, what you have done, what you see or anything about you or your
computer that you do not tell us (not entirely accurate - but close enough
and basically true for what you might be asking for assistance with.) So
please - provide as many details as possible that you feel comfortable
providing. Th above is a great start.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

NISCAR

Re: Windows update is not working since november !!!

My version is Windows Home premium 6.0, build 6001, servicepack 1.
There is no specific KB***** showing. The PC is installing new update
software for the update, and than afterwards he again says that an update
must be installed, so it seems that the new updatesoftware is not correctly
installed. How can I remove the updatesoftware manually and make a fresh
install from the update software??

NISCAR

Re: Windows update is not working since november !!!
Additional information: In the Windows updatelog there was mentioned the
following lines:

WARNING: CBS staging operation failed, error = 0x80070020

Please, anybody knows what to do?

Robert Aldwinckle

"NISCAR" <NISCAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093B66F6-4797-4234-91D1-25FB2AF509B8@microsoft.com...
> Additional information: In the Windows updatelog there was mentioned the
> following lines:
>
> WARNING: CBS staging operation failed, error = 0x80070020
>
> Please, anybody knows what to do?

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x20
32
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
</cmd_output>

(You could issue the same net helpmsg 32 command in your OS
to confirm meaning of that 0x20 you are getting.)

There may be more clues about "what" file "the file" is in the logs
that you are getting and seem to be looking at. ; )

In any case you might be lucky and be able to shutdown other
unnecessary processes which might be the mysterious "another process".
E.g. doing the install in a "safe" boot might be sufficient to accomplish that.

Note: if you are relying on a software firewall only do not connect to the
Internet when you do this or if you do make sure that you have Windows
firewall active instead.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

NISCAR

Re: Windows update is not working since november !!!

Thanks Robert for answering;

When I startting up from safe boot, the windows update from the
configuration menu is not working... ! So when I am in the safe environment I
can do nothing regarding update. How to proceed?

thanks again
Robert Aldwinckle

"NISCAR" <NISCAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8053292B-0CBC-42F7-AAEF-686D07C80457@microsoft.com...

> Thanks Robert for answering;
>
> When I startting up from safe boot, the windows update from the
> configuration menu is not working... ! So when I am in the safe environment I
> can do nothing regarding update. How to proceed?

If you already had the update downloaded
you could install it manually without being connected.