Error Code 80240016

Shaun

Error Code 80240016
Everytime I try to do an update on my windows vista, it pops up. and I've
tried to get rid of it, and every post I've looked at with different
possibilities on how to get rid of this error code does not work. Please tell
me how to get rid of this. as it is very annoying and I cannot get any
updates on my Windows Defender or any other updates.
Engel

RE: Error Code 80240016

Hello Shaun,

0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while another
installation was in progress or the system was pending a mandatory restart.
-=-

What update are you trying to install and what update did you previously
install?
-=-

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site or from the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80240016"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957307>
-=-

"Shaun" wrote:

> Everytime I try to do an update on my windows vista, it pops up. and I've
> tried to get rid of it, and every post I've looked at with different
> possibilities on how to get rid of this error code does not work. Please tell
> me how to get rid of this. as it is very annoying and I cannot get any
> updates on my Windows Defender or any other updates.

Shaun

RE: Error Code 80240016
My last update was on November 18,2008 and that was Updates for Microsoft
Office Word 2007 Help (KB957252) and I am trying to install Definition
Updates for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.47.487.0) and it fails
every time. And ever since November 18,2008 all other updates are not
installing either. There is a blue page on the bottom of my icons which pops
up everytime I start up Windows Vista. Nothing seems to be working.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Shaun,
>
> 0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while another
> installation was in progress or the system was pending a mandatory restart.
> -=-
>
> What update are you trying to install and what update did you previously
> install?
> -=-
>
> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> site or from the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80240016"
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957307>
> -=-
>

> "Shaun" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I try to do an update on my windows vista, it pops up. and I've
> > tried to get rid of it, and every post I've looked at with different
> > possibilities on how to get rid of this error code does not work. Please tell
> > me how to get rid of this. as it is very annoying and I cannot get any
> > updates on my Windows Defender or any other updates.

Re: Error Code 80240016
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Shaun wrote:
> My last update was on November 18,2008 and that was Updates for Microsoft
> Office Word 2007 Help (KB957252) and I am trying to install Definition
> Updates for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.47.487.0) and it
> fails
> every time. And ever since November 18,2008 all other updates are not
> installing either. There is a blue page on the bottom of my icons which
> pops
> up everytime I start up Windows Vista. Nothing seems to be working.
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>

>> Hello Shaun,
>>
>> 0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while
>> another installation was in progress or the system was pending a
>> mandatory
>> restart. -=-
>>
>> What update are you trying to install and what update did you previously
>> install?
>> -=-
>>
>> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
>> site or from the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80240016"
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957307>
>> -=-
>>

>> "Shaun" wrote:
>>
>>> Everytime I try to do an update on my windows vista, it pops up. and
>>> I've
>>> tried to get rid of it, and every post I've looked at with different
>>> possibilities on how to get rid of this error code does not work. Please
>>> tell me how to get rid of this. as it is very annoying and I cannot get
>>> any updates on my Windows Defender or any other updates.

prober

Re: Error Code 80240016
It's just appeared on mine and, with my basic understanding of computers it
all sounds daunting. I know its probably simplistic, but if if it's a problem
for a at least the many people who have registered the 'glitch' over time as
there are, (and there are bound to be more out there, who can't get this
far); why can't microsoft do a 'patch' update?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Shaun wrote:
> > My last update was on November 18,2008 and that was Updates for Microsoft
> > Office Word 2007 Help (KB957252) and I am trying to install Definition
> > Updates for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.47.487.0) and it
> > fails
> > every time. And ever since November 18,2008 all other updates are not
> > installing either. There is a blue page on the bottom of my icons which
> > pops
> > up everytime I start up Windows Vista. Nothing seems to be working.
> >
> > "Engel" wrote:
> >

> >> Hello Shaun,
> >>
> >> 0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while
> >> another installation was in progress or the system was pending a
> >> mandatory
> >> restart. -=-
> >>
> >> What update are you trying to install and what update did you previously
> >> install?
> >> -=-
> >>
> >> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> >> site or from the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80240016"
> >> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957307>
> >> -=-

Re: Error Code 80240016
This thread dates from 02 January 2009. Please begin a new thread about
/your/ specific problem and Windows version. If you've not been able to
install any updates for months on end, too, the problem is on /your/ end and
no MS patch is gonna fix it.