Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo

Phil

Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo
Thanks you all who have already posted about how to fix this issue. It
appears that my computer has been infected with the Vundo virus. I have an
anit-virus program, McAfee, and it has quaretined the virus; and I have
Spybot which says that it has erased the virus. Does anyone have any ideas
as to why Vundo would still be on my computer? Thanks!
TaurArian

Re: Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo
Phil wrote:
:: Thanks you all who have already posted about how to fix this issue.
:: It appears that my computer has been infected with the Vundo virus.
:: I have an anit-virus program, McAfee, and it has quaretined the
:: virus; and I have Spybot which says that it has erased the virus.
:: Does anyone have any ideas as to why Vundo would still be on my
:: computer? Thanks!

Perhaps see:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

Win32/Vundo is a multiple-component family of programs that deliver 'out of
context' pop-up advertisements. They may also download and execute arbitrary
files.
Vundo is often distributed as a DLL file and installed on an affected
machine as a Browser Helper Object (BHO) without a user's consent. This
family uses advanced defensive and stealth techniques to escape detection
and to hinder removal.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo
Spybot alone (nor any other anti-spyware applications, despite what you may
read in other threads here) cannot remove all traces of Vundo
infections...or the rootkit protecting it & and its friends.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Phil wrote:
> Thanks you all who have already posted about how to fix this issue. It
> appears that my computer has been infected with the Vundo virus. I have
> an
> anit-virus program, McAfee, and it has quaretined the virus; and I have
> Spybot which says that it has erased the virus. Does anyone have any
> ideas
> as to why Vundo would still be on my computer? Thanks!

brett

RE: Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo

"Phil" wrote:

> Thanks you all who have already posted about how to fix this issue. It
> appears that my computer has been infected with the Vundo virus. I have an
> anit-virus program, McAfee, and it has quaretined the virus; and I have
> Spybot which says that it has erased the virus. Does anyone have any ideas
> as to why Vundo would still be on my computer? Thanks!

brett

RE: Error 0x8DDD0018 & Vundo
hi phil had the same prob maafee does not work download
www.superantispyware.com free program works a treat pass message on