Error 80240016 with Media Center update KB955519

stefan33uk

Error 80240016 with Media Center update KB955519

Operating system Windows Vista Home Premium
No successful updates since security update KB958644 on 25th October
Unable to look for new updates since this media center one on 2nd
November

I tried closing and restarting windows update - that didn't work.
I tried manually downloading the update - that didn't work.
I tried a system file scan as administrator but that didn't work and it
didn't work in safe mode and it didn't work after a scheduled disk check
(I always get "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the
requested operation").

I use McAfee security centre.

--
stefan33uk
stefan33uk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/stefan33uk.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Error 80240016 with Media Center update KB955519
[Please quote this entire post in your replies, and please post via
http://www.microsoft.com/communities....windowsupdate
or news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....windowsupdate, not
techarena.in forums!]

Thank you for beginning your own thread. Chances are that you're seeing the
affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

stefan33uk wrote:
> Operating system Windows Vista Home Premium
> No successful updates since security update KB958644 on 25th October
> Unable to look for new updates since this media center one on 2nd
> November
>
> I tried closing and restarting windows update - that didn't work.
> I tried manually downloading the update - that didn't work.
> I tried a system file scan as administrator but that didn't work and it
> didn't work in safe mode and it didn't work after a scheduled disk check
> (I always get "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the
> requested operation").
>
> I use McAfee security centre.

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

Re: Error 80240016 with Media Center update KB955519
cf. http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37762