help me

baatka

help me
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with
your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your
computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be
functioning properly.
Shenan Stanley

Re: help me
baatka wrote:
> Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a
> problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device
> installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program,
> or it might not be functioning properly.

- Is there a sound device installed on your computer?
- Does the sound work otherwise?
- If you install the manufacturer supplied drivers for said devioce (for
whatever operating system you may be using) - does this fix your issue?
- What version of Windows Media Player?
- What Operating System?
- What service pack?
- Is this a new symptom - when did this start?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

jackistheman

RE: help me

"baatka" wrote:

> Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with
> your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your
> computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be
> functioning properly.

Under options in windows media player, goto the tab for devices, then choose
speakers, and hit the properties button for them for the playback, choose
the driver or scheme, whatever it is called, that is not the default playback
device, apply and that should get you going again. That is what i had to do
for mine when it whacked out on me.

Re: help me
And your Windows Update problem would be...?

WMP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/