Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center

MLW

Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition. Everything
worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open the Media Center, I
receive the subject error. I have tried to un-install .Net Framework v 1.1
but it will not uninstall. Looking for tmpf7.tmp file and cannot find. Can
you help diagnose and correct error?
Thanks

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?

MLW wrote:
> I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition.
> Everything worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open the Media
> Center, I receive the subject error. I have tried to un-install .Net
> Framework v 1.1 but it will not uninstall. Looking for tmpf7.tmp file and
> cannot find. Can you help diagnose and correct error?
> Thanks

MLW

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
Well since this group has to do with Media Center in Windows update and SP3
was just installed with this clean install my best guess. If incorrect, pls
direct me to the correct venue to attempt to receive an answer fit for
distribtution in the correct group.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?
>
> MLW wrote:
> > I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition.
> > Everything worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open the Media
> > Center, I receive the subject error. I have tried to un-install .Net
> > Framework v 1.1 but it will not uninstall. Looking for tmpf7.tmp file and
> > cannot find. Can you help diagnose and correct error?
> > Thanks

TaurArian

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
As you believe SP3 update is responsible then suggest you speak with MS (be
aware that if SP3 is not responsible and your issue is not related to a
security update there will be a charge) -

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy, visit the
Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is
available only in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP
issues, visit the Help and Support site at
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173, and then choose
your product.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

MLW wrote:
:: Well since this group has to do with Media Center in Windows update
:: and SP3 was just installed with this clean install my best guess.
:: If incorrect, pls direct me to the correct venue to attempt to
:: receive an answer fit for distribtution in the correct group.
::
:: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
::
::: How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?
:::
::: MLW wrote:
:::: I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition.
:::: Everything worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open
:::: the Media Center, I receive the subject error. I have tried to
:::: un-install .Net Framework v 1.1 but it will not uninstall.
:::: Looking for tmpf7.tmp file and cannot find. Can you help diagnose
:::: and correct error?
:::: Thanks

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
You made no mention of having installed (WinXP) SP3 in your first post, only
that you'd done "a clean [install] from the backup partition," whatever that
means. (Perhaps you used the machine's hidden Recovery partition to
reinstall Win XP?)

If you suspect that installing WinXP SP3 is related to your problem...

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and only until 14 Apr-09.
(Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.)
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
"Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"

Windows Media Center-specific newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

MLW wrote:
> Well since this group has to do with Media Center in Windows update and
> SP3
> was just installed with this clean install my best guess. If incorrect,
> pls
> direct me to the correct venue to attempt to receive an answer fit for
> distribtution in the correct group.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?
>>
>> MLW wrote:
>>> I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition.
>>> Everything worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open the
>>> Media
>>> Center, I receive the subject error. I have tried to un-install .Net
>>> Framework v 1.1 but it will not uninstall. Looking for tmpf7.tmp file
>>> and
>>> cannot find. Can you help diagnose and correct error?
>>> Thanks

MLW

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
The response so far are amazing. A simple question and first I am criticized
because I have evidently chosen the incorrect work group for posting and now
I am questioned as to validity of my concern. Bottom line, I have a problem
and I am asking this board of astute experts to assist me in correcting the
problem. I do not know if it is a SP3 issue or a microsoft issue in general.
Bottom line, the system will not work and I am asking for some help with
this error. Can anybody man up ans assist?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> As you believe SP3 update is responsible then suggest you speak with MS (be
> aware that if SP3 is not responsible and your issue is not related to a
> security update there will be a charge) -
>
> Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
> until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy, visit the
> Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is
> available only in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP
> issues, visit the Help and Support site at
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173, and then choose
> your product.
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> MLW wrote:
> :: Well since this group has to do with Media Center in Windows update
> :: and SP3 was just installed with this clean install my best guess.
> :: If incorrect, pls direct me to the correct venue to attempt to
> :: receive an answer fit for distribtution in the correct group.
> ::
> :: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> ::
> ::: How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?
> :::
> ::: MLW wrote:
> :::: I recently completed a clean installed from the backup partition.
> :::: Everything worked great for a couple of days. If I try to open
> :::: the Media Center, I receive the subject error. I have tried to
> :::: un-install .Net Framework v 1.1 but it will not uninstall.
> :::: Looking for tmpf7.tmp file and cannot find. Can you help diagnose
> :::: and correct error?
> :::: Thanks

MLW

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
Sorry if I didn't speak the correct language regarding the install that I
completed. You are probably correct in the path that I chose to complete a
clean resinstall. I got this information from Dell not MS.

All I know is after installation of SP3, the media center will not respond.
I tried your link, but wasn't able to find the link that you mention
regarding support for SP3. Maybe I wasn't smart enought to find the free
support that you mention.

Has anyone seen this error and know the proper recovery? As I have
researched on the web, it appears to center around issues with .net framework
1.1, however, not able to uninstall and reinstall as indicated. Suggestions?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You made no mention of having installed (WinXP) SP3 in your first post, only
> that you'd done "a clean [install] from the backup partition," whatever that
> means. (Perhaps you used the machine's hidden Recovery partition to
> reinstall Win XP?)
>
> If you suspect that installing WinXP SP3 is related to your problem...

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and only until 14 Apr-09.
> (Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.)
> Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> "Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
>
> Windows Media Center-specific newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
>
> MLW wrote:
> > Well since this group has to do with Media Center in Windows update and
> > SP3
> > was just installed with this clean install my best guess. If incorrect,
> > pls
> > direct me to the correct venue to attempt to receive an answer fit for
> > distribtution in the correct group.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> How does your problem pertain to Windows Update?

Re: Fatal Execution Engine Error (07927f26e) - Media Center
If, as you suspect, installing SP3 created the problem, uninstalling it
should resolve it.

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

NB: While it's not mandatory that you install SP3, keep in mind that (1) you
must do so by April 2010 or the machine will not be offered any further
Windows Updates and (2) free installation support for SP3 ends on 14 April
2009.

NB: WinXP probably would not work /at all/ if you were able to uninstall
..NET Framework 1 (SP1) somehow.