Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070

DJ

Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of the
way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.
Engel

RE: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
Hello DJ,

Don't say " I tried all of them ----". Specify what you had tried.

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3

0x8007F070 STATUS_SETUP_ERROR 950718
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/)

Good luck
-=-

"DJ" wrote:

> I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of the
> way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

JC

RE: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
I can't get it to start at all. Do you have Live One?

"DJ" wrote:

> I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of the
> way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

DJ

RE: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
Sorry. I will try to be more specific. When I click on the link you
provided, I get "website cannot be found".

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello DJ,
>
> Don't say " I tried all of them ----". Specify what you had tried.
>
> How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> 0x8007F070 STATUS_SETUP_ERROR 950718
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/)
>

> Good luck
> -=-
>

> "DJ" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of the
> > way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> > Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

Engel

RE: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
Hi DJ,

Try again from this:

"DJ" wrote:

> Sorry. I will try to be more specific. When I click on the link you
> provided, I get "website cannot be found".
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello DJ,
> >
> > Don't say " I tried all of them ----". Specify what you had tried.
> >
> > How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3
> >
> > 0x8007F070 STATUS_SETUP_ERROR 950718
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/)
> >

> > Good luck
> > -=-
> >

> > "DJ" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of the
> > > way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> > > Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

Re: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and only until 14 Apr-09.
(Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.)
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
"Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DJ wrote:
> I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of
> the
> way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

DJ

Re: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
I have tried all five resolutions offered in 950718. I have complied with
all prerequisites. I still can't get it to install. I get almost there and
then she bombs. Any more ideas???

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and only until 14 Apr-09.
> (Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.)
> Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> "Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> DJ wrote:
> > I am trying to install Service Pack 3 with no luck. I get almost all of
> > the
> > way through and then I get error code 0x8007F070. I have tried all of the
> > Microsoft recommended remedies for this, still to no avail.

Re: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
Repost:

"Engel" wrote:

> Hi DJ,
>
> Try again from this:
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/>
> -=-
>
> "DJ" wrote:
>
> > Sorry. I will try to be more specific. When I click on the link you
> > provided, I get "website cannot be found".
> >
> > "Engel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello DJ,
> > >
> > > Don't say " I tried all of them ----". Specify what you had tried.
> > >
> > > How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3
> > >
> > > 0x8007F070 STATUS_SETUP_ERROR 950718
> > > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718/)
> > >

> > > Good luck
> > > -=-

DJ

Re: Service Pack 3 Install, Error 0x8007F070
With all due respect, I thought these discussion groups were for help after
all other avenues had been exhausted. Before I even came here, I went to and
through all of the Microsoft "remedies". There is no benefit to me in your
providing "cut and paste" solutions that are available to me through normal
means. I must have completely misunderstood the intent of these discussion
groups.