XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message

Dirty Harry

XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.

I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
how can I stop it???

windows os Xp Pro sp3
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
The reoffering issue is being caused by 'something' holding msxml4.dll
in use and therefore it can not be replaced by the update.
Either Clean Boot the system -
How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

and then install the automatically downloaded update
or, follow the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

BUT, do NOT install the automatically downloaded update. Instead,
download and save it manually from here:

After following the steps laid out in KB941729, manually install
msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe, *NOT* the automatically download version of it.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Dirty Harry wrote:
> Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
> Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
>
> I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>
> and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
> how can I stop it???
>
> windows os Xp Pro sp3

Cashmere

RE: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
I have the same problem and can't find any resolutions or help either.

"Dirty Harry" wrote:

> Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
> Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
>
> I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>
> and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
> how can I stop it???
>
> windows os Xp Pro sp3

Dirty Harry

Re: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
props MowGreen never got the yellow update icon back so I guess it worked!!

also thanks for the speedy response your a champion amonst champions.

Merry Xmax and have a happy new year!!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> The reoffering issue is being caused by 'something' holding msxml4.dll
> in use and therefore it can not be replaced by the update.
> Either Clean Boot the system -
> How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
>
> and then install the automatically downloaded update
> or, follow the instructions at
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>
> BUT, do NOT install the automatically downloaded update. Instead,
> download and save it manually from here:

> After following the steps laid out in KB941729, manually install
> msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe, *NOT* the automatically download version of it.
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Dirty Harry wrote:
> > Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
> > Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
> >
> > I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
> >
> > and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
> > how can I stop it???
> >
> > windows os Xp Pro sp3

Jerry

Re: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
I solved the problem by downloading MSXML 4.0 SP3 beta - it replaces the
previous service packs.

"Cashmere" <Cashmere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem and can't find any resolutions or help either.
>
> "Dirty Harry" wrote:
>
>> Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0
>> Service
>> Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
>>
>> I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>>
>> and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
>> how can I stop it???
>>
>> windows os Xp Pro sp3

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
Well, at least I made your day, Dirty Harry. <w>

Happy New Year to you and yours, too !

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Dirty Harry wrote:

> props MowGreen never got the yellow update icon back so I guess it worked!!
>
> also thanks for the speedy response your a champion amonst champions.
>
> Merry Xmax and have a happy new year!!
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>The reoffering issue is being caused by 'something' holding msxml4.dll
>>in use and therefore it can not be replaced by the update.
>>Either Clean Boot the system -
>>How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
>>
>>and then install the automatically downloaded update
>>or, follow the instructions at
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>>
>>BUT, do NOT install the automatically downloaded update. Instead,
>>download and save it manually from here:
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>>
>>After following the steps laid out in KB941729, manually install
>>msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe, *NOT* the automatically download version of it.
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>Dirty Harry wrote:
>>
>>>Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
>>>Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
>>>
>>>I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>>>
>>>and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
>>>how can I stop it???
>>>
>>>windows os Xp Pro sp3

snowman

RE: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message
I am having the same problem with windows vista can anybody help ?

"Dirty Harry" wrote:

> Windows update keeps wanting me to download (XML Core Services 4.0 Service
> Pack 2) update which I have done 5 times already.
>
> I been here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
>
> and follow the intructions but I still get that annoying message.
> how can I stop it???
>
> windows os Xp Pro sp3

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 annoying message

The resolution for this issue has already been posted in the thread that
you've posted to: Using Web-based Newsreaders
http://support.microsoft.com/default...toc#usenewsweb

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten