wu error message ox80248015

eyenerd

wu error message ox80248015
I formatted my HDD formerly running XP pro SP 3 with no problems. When
trying to use windows update to get SP's i run into this error.

Windows Update Error
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update
services, or send us your feedback.
Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

error message ox80248015

i am running XP Pro SP 1 with no antivirus, no antispyware. this is a fresh
format/installation of XP Pro.

i was unable to update to SP 2 or 3. when i dl the other SP's i get an
error after successful installation. when i reboot after installation of the
sp i cannot reboot other than in SAFE MODE.

i realize this is probably two issues but i though one might be preventing
the other from working also.

any help you can give would be appreciated.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: wu error message ox80248015
80248015 WU_E_DS_SERVICEEXPIRED
The caller has requested a service whose registration has expired.

Are you attempting to apply the Service Packs after manually downloading
and saving them ?
You can try to diagnose why the SPs fail to install by opening the
svcpack.log and setupapi.log located in WINDOWS.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
http://winhlp.com/node/125

Install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent via a Command
Prompt using the links and steps laid out here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...php?m=9&y=2007

Reboot afterwards and try a manual visit to WU again.

Is the native XP firewall enabled ? If not, the system is most likely
infected by now as there is no security software installed.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten