error 8007f8F

HanLee

error 8007f8F
Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to solve
this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
Internet Time is not working.
I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything has
been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed without
any problem.
Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance,
HanLee

Re: error 8007f8F
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista SP2 Beta)
when posting to this newsgroup.

> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.

And if you adjust the time, date, and time zone manually...?

cf. Windows Update error 80072f8f
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...412341033.mspx

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the machine (e.g.,
a free-trial version preinstalled on the machine when you bought it...and
which may have been reinstalled when you reinstalled Windows 3 weeks ago)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

HanLee wrote:
> Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to
> solve
> this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.
> I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
> I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything
> has
> been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed
> without
> any problem.
> Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> HanLee

Engel

Re: error 8007f8F
Hello HanLee,

What Robear Dyer said. Also,

It could be the coin cell battery for the CMOS
-=-
TaurArian

Re: error 8007f8F
HanLee wrote:
:: Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me
:: to solve this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
:: But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation
:: of the Internet Time is not working.
:: I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
:: I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and
:: everything has been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates
:: were installed without any problem.
:: Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
:: Thanks in advance,
:: HanLee

Also check this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
Error message when you check for updates on the Windows Update site:
"0X800A138F: There are no updates available at this time"
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

HanLee

Re: error 8007f8F
There was a problem in the BIOS, after a correction the PC-time could be
synchronized and everything worked fine again.
Thank you all for your support.
Regards, HanLee

"HanLee" <jmleenders@tele2.nl> schreef in bericht
> Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to
> solve this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.
> I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
> I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything
> has been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed
> without any problem.
> Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> HanLee

manfred_ramm@hotmail.de

RE: error 8007f8F

"HanLee" wrote:

> Windows Update doesn't work because of error 80072F8F and tells me to solve
> this problem by adjusting the PC-time.
> But this feature doesn't work properly either, the synchronisation of the
> Internet Time is not working.
> I can't download ANY update, nor for Windows or the virusscanners.
> I re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on this desktop and everything has
> been working fine for 3 weeks, all available updates were installed without
> any problem.
> Can anyone give me an advice to solve this problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> HanLee

Paul

RE: error 8007f8F
I have same problem please help. Contacted Microsoft and they wanted the
manufacturer to sort it out or they would for £46. If they know of the
problem why cant they issue a security patch as I think this is all due to a
conflict with IE8. Anybody got Bill Gates office e mail I would love to send
him a complaint e mail
--
UK