Unable to connect to sites I normaly visit.

tomguy53

Unable to connect to sites I normaly visit.
In the last week I have been unable to visit web sites I visit often. I think
it might be some recent update that is blocking me. What can I do to regain
the ability to visit sites I need to visit? I've tried deleting an update I
thought was the problem and that didn't work. I tried to restore my computer
to a date prior to the problem and that didn't work.
TaurArian

Re: Unable to connect to sites I normaly visit.

You think it's an update? Care to tell us a little more, like what operating
system, service pack level, perhaps even what browser you're using etc etc
etc

Post back with more information, perhaps even a link to some of the sites
you're complaining about.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"tomguy53" <tomguy53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the last week I have been unable to visit web sites I visit often. I
> think
> it might be some recent update that is blocking me. What can I do to
> regain
> the ability to visit sites I need to visit? I've tried deleting an update
> thought was the problem and that didn't work. I tried to restore my
> computer
> to a date prior to the problem and that didn't work.

tomguy53

Unable to visit sites I normaly visit.
I use windows xp. I even tried to use firefox as a new browser but that
didn't work. I then tried to use the restore feature to a date prior to when
the problem started and that didn't work. I'm now back in the windows
internet explorer browser. The two sites share the same server.

bartcop is the server used

http://www.bartcop.com/

MikeMalloy.com is the web site I am an administrator for and I need to able
to visit
the site again.

http://www.mikemalloy.com/index.php

One of the recent security updates I read said something to the effect that
people who have administrative abilities might be most impacted. I'm tried to
delete that update and it still didn't work, I'm still unable to reach the
server at this time.

Shenan Stanley

Re: Unable to visit sites I normaly visit.

tomguy53 wrote:
> I use windows xp. I even tried to use firefox as a new browser but
> that didn't work. I then tried to use the restore feature to a date
> prior to when the problem started and that didn't work. I'm now
> back in the windows internet explorer browser. The two sites share
> the same server.
>
> bartcop is the server used
>
> http://www.bartcop.com/
>
> MikeMalloy.com is the web site I am an administrator for and I need
> to able to visit
> the site again.
>
> http://www.mikemalloy.com/index.php
>
> One of the recent security updates I read said something to the
> effect that people who have administrative abilities might be most
> impacted. I'm tried to delete that update and it still didn't work,
> I'm still unable to reach the server at this time.

Error(s) you get when you try?
At first glance - sounds like a DNS or routing issue.

Nothing seems (on the surface) wrong with the Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) server
for Mike Malloy or Bartcop.

As far as your reading, "... something to the effect that people who have
administrative abilities might be most impacted ..." <- not sure how you
made the connection between that and your inability to go to a couple of web
pages in any web browser on a given computer.

I would say that you may have some DNS/routing issue.

- Do you have a static IP address and/or static DNS entries?
- Do you use a router (NAT device) between that computer and the Internet?
- What operating system and service pack level are you using on this
computer?
- If you ping the sites - what is the IP address they return?
- Are there other computers connected to the same network that *can* vist
said sites?
- What specific updates (KB article numbers) did you recently install?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

ronrieger

RE: Unable to connect to sites I normaly visit.
tomguy53

I am having the same exact problem. I don't know for how long but just ran
into it today trying to get my automatic updates to work. I have tried
everything suggested as you have and still not fixed. Let me know if you
find a solution.

thanks,
ronrieger

"tomguy53" wrote:

> In the last week I have been unable to visit web sites I visit often. I think
> it might be some recent update that is blocking me. What can I do to regain
> the ability to visit sites I need to visit? I've tried deleting an update I
> thought was the problem and that didn't work. I tried to restore my computer
> to a date prior to the problem and that didn't work.

ronrieger

RE: Unable to connect to sites I normaly visit.
Sorry, I accidently posted my message to the wrong thread. Please disregard

ronrieger