Cathy b. wrote:
:: I have 3 updates that have been failing since I got my machine in
:: September: KB957388 - Update to Windows Vista, KB9388371 - Update to
:: Windows Vista, and KB951376 - Security Update for Windows Vista.
:: Why would the installation fail and what do I do to fix it?
:: Cathy B.
Xposted to Windows Update for your convenience Cathy as this is the Update
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs,
and then clicking Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click View update history.
3. Find an update for Windows that has failed to install, and then
double-click the update to view more information.
Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under Status, next
to the update name.
4. In the Windows Update dialog box, next to Error details, review the error
code for the failed update.
5. Either follow the links in the Windows Update dialog box under More
Information or Help and Support to try to fix the problem, and then try
installing updates again by using Windows Update in Control Panel or post
back with the error code so perhaps someone may be able to assist further.
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco