Automatic update disabled

JayF

Automatic update disabled
I have tried to enable the automatic update using the recomended
run
services.msc
automatic update properties etc........
but t is still set to disabled keeps coming up with a 1058error

can any one help!

Re: Automatic update disabled
Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JayF wrote:
> I have tried to enable the automatic update using the recomended
> run
> services.msc
> automatic update properties etc........
> but t is still set to disabled keeps coming up with a 1058error
>
> can any one help!

DrJoeJr

RE: Automatic update disabled
Searching for information on how to remove the series of "Vundo",
"Virtumonde" and "Smithfraud-c" trojan viruses from my computer. I tried
Microsoft Onecare.live site and downloaded the software. It located some of
the viruses but did NOT remove them... much to my disappointment! One of the
viruses prevented Automatic Windows Update from operating and it would not
allow the Automatic Updates to be set from the Microsoft Windows XP Security
Center. I searched the Microsoft.com Communities Newsgroups and found that
there have been several hundred people who experienced the same problems
cause by this "Vundo" virus family. I tried many of the solutions proposed by
various contributors... some by Microsoft employees, but none of them worked.
I tried Spybot, Norton 360 and AdWare SE... they did not work either. The
saving grace was that I found buried a post provided by a person named
"ronrieger" on 12/30/2008. He described how he downloaded free software from
www.SUPERAntispye.com, ran it and found the trojans that other programs
failed to find AND better yet, it removed them! Then he went back to WUAUSERV
and was able to set the Automatic Updates entry to "Start" and the problem
was resolved! I give all the credit to "ronrieger". I repeated his suggestion
and it worked! I would suggest that Microsoft inform ALL it's Windows users
that this is a quick and easy solution to the Automatic Windows Update
problem and that it is an excellent software which Microsoft should recommend
to the hundreds or thousands of users experiencing the same problem. It would
save thousands of manhours of work and frustration to your users. Thanks
again to ronrieger and the creators of SuperAntispyware.com. I will indeed
make a voluntary donation to these people. Obviously they have a superior
product!
--
DrJoeJr