Windows Update Error Message 0X80244019

gerrypotter

Windows Update Error Message 0X80244019
To start, sorry if this has already been posted. Let's start off from the
start, I had to reinstall my OS and activate over phone, my fault though, but
everytime I try to access the update.microsoft.com website I'd always get
re-directed to the MSN website, so I'd follow the links in the online support
(update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate & update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate)
and all I get is a white page. Same thing with Firefox, so I downloaded an
AOL for Broadband application and I can access the update.microsoft.com
website just fine, now I get "Error code 0x80244019". I should mention I
have been manually downloading and installing updates that look like should
go with my computer, but I am hoping to get the automatic update working. The
Microsoft Knowledge Base doesn't offer support for the topic, so I came here.
I don't even get the shield stating there are updates available, yet I have
Automatic Updates enabled to the recommended settings! How can I fix this
problem?

FYI: OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition w/SP3 (manually installed*)
RAM: 3.50 GB (4 GB installed 4 x 1 GB)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.41 GHz

thanks ahead of time
TaurArian

Re: Windows Update Error Message 0X80244019
gerrypotter wrote:
[...]
::
:: FYI: OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition w/SP3 (manually installed*)
:: RAM: 3.50 GB (4 GB installed 4 x 1 GB)
:: Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.41 GHz
::
:: thanks ahead of time

You state: "I'd always get re-directed to the MSN website"
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...sol ved&meta=
Looks like you may have picked up a virus along the way.

You cannot download updates when you access the Windows Update Web site from
a Windows XP-based computer that is behind a firewall or a proxy server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226
[Error number: 0x80244017], [Error number: 0x80244018], [Error number:
0x80244019], [Error number: 0x8024401B], [Error number: 0x80244021]

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: Windows Update Error Message 0X80244019
• Least-likely possibility:

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

• Most-likely possibility:

You've gotten another hijackware infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm