Vista Update Killed the Computer

NotaGeek

Vista Update Killed the Computer
Downloaded through windows update the latest vista update on 25 december
2008. The update seemed to be successful, in that the computer rebooted
automatically and configured the three part update. It then locked up, would
not respond to alt,control, delete or the power switch. Eventually the power
switch did work and the computer shut down.
After a several hour rest, we tried again, got an error message the computer
did not shut down properly. We then got a message "Your computer was unable
to start" and a program launched to attempt a repair. It has been attempting
the repair for half an hour with the status bar showing continually moving
blocks.
Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Vista Update Killed the Computer
> Downloaded through windows update the latest vista update on 25 december
> 2008.

Is Automatic Updates enabled? The last update Vista was released over a
week ago (i.e., 17 Dec-08): Why wasn't it (or other recently released
updates) a week ago?
~~~~~

security updates.

Support for Windows Update: