H. Singh wrote:
> I have win x64 bit XP computer with 8GB ram two of quad 1.86
> processor with 2 Nvidia cards . From last one year as I am
> continusly keeping windows updates to the latest and all other
> upgrades on every program updated.
> But now the computer is runnign very slow like a 286 for most
> applications like Solidworks , Mastercam etc. SW and Mcam 's tech
> support thinks I need to install clean windows first as with all
> these updates windows gets slugish....... Is it true. Why if yes
> what is the best way to fix it without buying another expensive
> program to clean windows. Why Microsoft do not have some thing
> built in which cleans registry or clean some other unwnated patches
> which are not required now.
Sounds like an infested/infected system.
What sort of maintenance (with built-in and free tools) do you do now?
- Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware (from each manufacturer)?
- Do you use CHKDSK every so often?
- Do you keep your applications updated as well as your Microsoft OS?
- Do you defragment your hard disk drives?
- What AntiVirus application are you using?
- Are you utilizing some 'all-in-one' application for
firewall/antivirus/antispyware? (If so, which one?)
- (If not using an all-in-one) Are you using some third party firewall -
something other than Windows XP's built in one? (If so - which one?)
- Do you uninstall applications and resident applications you do not
- How often do you run a check for spyware/adware/malware? (this is *not*
done with a product that claims to be an AntiVirus software even if they say
they also detect spyware/adware... And there is no one product out there
that handles everything.)
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way