Service pack 3

Digsy

Service pack 3
I have my computer set to receive automatic updates and the other day it
installed the latest service pack 3. During installation a message popped up
relating to Microsoft Word and the installation stopped and suggested a file
needed was on the Word disc and it asked me to insert the original word disc
which I did. The installation continued and appeared to complete OK.

Now I cannot use my e-mail because a new message now comes up "Your Outlook
and Word versions do not match. You will need to update your Outlook to the
same version as word."

Can anyone help to resolve this as I don't expect updates to stop my
programs working and create unnecessary inconvenience like this? I wonder
whether I actually neede the service pack 3 in the first place. My programs
worked perfectly well before this.

I've tried to tell this to Microsoft but they want £46 for the privilege and
it's their update that appears to have caused the problem!!

Digsy
Shenan Stanley

Re: Service pack 3
Digsy wrote:
> I have my computer set to receive automatic updates and the other
> day it installed the latest service pack 3. During installation a
> message popped up relating to Microsoft Word and the installation
> stopped and suggested a file needed was on the Word disc and it
> asked me to insert the original word disc which I did. The
> installation continued and appeared to complete OK.
>
> Now I cannot use my e-mail because a new message now comes up "Your
> Outlook and Word versions do not match. You will need to update
> your Outlook to the same version as word."
>
> Can anyone help to resolve this as I don't expect updates to stop my
> programs working and create unnecessary inconvenience like this? I
> wonder whether I actually neede the service pack 3 in the first
> place. My programs worked perfectly well before this.
>
> I've tried to tell this to Microsoft but they want £46 for the
> privilege and it's their update that appears to have caused the
> problem!!

Service Pack 3 for ...

Sounds like Microsoft Office XP to me - but I am merely guessing - as you
did not say.

What Microsoft Office applications do you have installed?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Service pack 3
Right-click on My Computer | select Properties | What Windows version is
displayed on the resulting General tab?

Is your default Mail Client MS Outlook or Outlook Express?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/