Windows Update (services are runnine)

miamiero

Windows Update (services are runnine)
I have enabled the windows installer service, the Bits sevice and still can t
get windows update to work my error code is x8DDD0018 I dont know what this
error code means and windows update says "The site cannot continue because
one or more of these Windows services is not running:" yet they are, i dont
know what other service it wants to be running I have windows XP Home with
all the latest service packs 1-3 ~~~~Stupified in Miami~~~~~
--
~~~Miami
Michael Jennings

Re: Windows Update (services are runnine)
Try restarting Automatic Updates and BITS - see this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614
You could stop them and start them, but clicking Restart does that.

<miamiero> wrote in message
>I have enabled the windows installer service, the Bits sevice and still can t
> get windows update to work my error code is x8DDD0018 I dont know what this
> error code means and windows update says "The site cannot continue because
> one or more of these Windows services is not running:" yet they are, i dont
> know what other service it wants to be running I have windows XP Home with
> all the latest service packs 1-3 ~~~~Stupified in Miami~~~~~
> --
> ~~~Miami

TaurArian

miamiero wrote:
:: I have enabled the windows installer service, the Bits sevice and
:: still can t get windows update to work my error code is x8DDD0018 I
:: dont know what this error code means and windows update says "The
:: site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services
:: is not running:" yet they are, i dont know what other service it
:: wants to be running I have windows XP Home with all the latest
:: service packs 1-3 ~~~~Stupified in Miami~~~~~ --
:: ~~~Miami

See if this article helps - You may receive an error message that contains
the "0x8DDD0018" code or the "0x80246008" code when you try to download
updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft
Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910337--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: Windows Update (services are runnine)
There's a very strong possibility that a hijackware infection is causing the
problems.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

miamiero wrote:
> I have enabled the windows installer service, the Bits sevice and still
> can
> t get windows update to work my error code is x8DDD0018 I dont know what
> this error code means and windows update says "The site cannot continue
> because one or more of these Windows services is not running:" yet they
> are, i dont know what other service it wants to be running I have
> windows
> XP Home with all the latest service packs 1-3 ~~~~Stupified in Miami~~~~~

ssuperdave2

RE: Windows Update (services are runnine)
try this .. start .. go to my computer .. right click on you'r local disk (c)
... right click again on open at the top of list .. go to files .. double
click (left) on you'r files folder .. look for something like a add revolver
or a advertisement for a product that got down loaded into you'r files .. if
you see smething that resembles this delete it .. DO NOT DELETE FILES YOU
NEED .. then go back to controle pannel and turn on you'r updates .. hope
this works for you ..