error message

wendy

error message
I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my computer
I repeatedly receive this error
Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
installed.

I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.

Thank you in advance
TaurArian

Re: error message
wendy wrote:
:: I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my
:: computer I repeatedly receive this error
:: Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
:: installed.
::
:: I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.
::
:: Thank you in advance

Hi Wendy, see
When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,
or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
Installer error code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: error message
1. Write down the .NET Framework versions which are already installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

wendy wrote:
> I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my
> computer
> I repeatedly receive this error
> Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
> installed.
>
> I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.
>
> Thank you in advance

wendy

Re: error message
Thank you to both PA Bear & TaurArian..PA Bear I had already started to do
the fixes that TaurArian had suggested as I did not know that you had also
replied. So followed TaurArian's suggestion and uninstalled my
NetFrameworks..but then when I went to download/reinstall them I had no idea
what to do after. It asked if I wanted to 'run' the download which I did but
now I have no clue where to save it to.

Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Write down the .NET Framework versions which are already installed:
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> 2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> wendy wrote:
> > I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my
> > computer
> > I repeatedly receive this error
> > Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
> > installed.
> >
> > I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.
> >
> > Thank you in advance

wendy

Re: error message
Hi PA Bear sorry if this sounds so silly but how do I find the
%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder. in my computer? Do I go to start
then 'run'?

thank you for your time

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Write down the .NET Framework versions which are already installed:
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> 2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> wendy wrote:
> > I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my
> > computer
> > I repeatedly receive this error
> > Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
> > installed.
> >
> > I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.
> >
> > Thank you in advance

Re: error message
A1. Yes, you can copy/paste...

%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework

into a Start | Run window, then click on OK. The target is most likely...

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework

A2. SAVE the download(s) to your desktop, for convenience. Double-click on
the saved file to install.
--
~PA Bear

wendy wrote:
> Hi PA Bear sorry if this sounds so silly but how do I find the
> %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder. in my computer? Do I go to
> start then 'run'?
>
> thank you for your time

<paste>
> Thank you to both PA Bear & TaurArian..PA Bear I had already started to do
> the fixes that TaurArian had suggested as I did not know that you had also
> replied. So followed TaurArian's suggestion and uninstalled my
> NetFrameworks..but then when I went to download/reinstall them I had no
> idea
> what to do after. It asked if I wanted to 'run' the download which I did
> but
> now I have no clue where to save it to.

</paste>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> 1. Write down the .NET Framework versions which are already installed:
>>
>> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>> whether service packs have been applied
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>
>> 2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>>
>> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> wendy wrote:
>>> I am running windows xp (SP2) home, and IE7. When I go to update my
>>> computer
>>> I repeatedly receive this error
>>> Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack (KB11080806) (x86) were not
>>> installed.
>>>
>>> I would really appreciate any help in resolving this.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance

TaurArian

Re: error message
When the File download window appears, please click the Save button,
and follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading
the files and the updates on your Desktop, please double-click the files to
manually install them one by one.

After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update
site to test the issue.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.