sp3 file

orlydbull

sp3 file
wher do i go to download the full sp3 file?
TaurArian

RE: sp3 file
Well that depends, what SP3 file you're downloading (I'm at least assuming
it's related to MS).

You have still failed to provide any relevant information so that we can
assist you and you've also started a new thread. Had you provided sufficient
information perhaps we may have been able to direct you to the right download
area.

As we can't do that, then we submit for your perusual the following (noting
where to get updates to manually download and install) : -

Security updates are available on ISO-9660 CD image files from the Microsoft
Download Center
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086

You can also download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be
installed later.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog or from
the Microsoft Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

Microsoft Download Page
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/do...px?ofcresset=1

HTH

"orlydbull" wrote:

> wher do i go to download the full sp3 file?

JS

Re: sp3 file
If its the Windows XP SP3 file you need then read on.

Where to download the SP3 installation file:
(File is large but will only install components that your PC requires)

Your PC must be at least SP1 or SP2 level as SP3 will not
install on XP Gold.

I would also create an "Image Backup" of my drive prior
to installing SP3 just in case you do have problems.
Don't have any Image Backup software:
Try "True Image" (has a 15 day trial version available)
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

If you use Zone Alarm Firewall (Free or Paid) then update to
version 7.0.483.
Warning do not install ZA version 8.0.xxx as it currently has
problems.

Install SP3 in 'Clean Boot' mode:
How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview
Be sure to download and read the file titled 'Overview of Windows XP Service
Pack 3'
Note: "You can run the SP3 update package on any edition of Windows XP SP1
or SP2."

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3
Discusses the hard disk space requirements for installing
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
"For a PC on which Windows XP is already installed"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311/en-us

Installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../cc164204.aspx

Release notes for the Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929/en-us

List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/

Recommends steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Also includes troubleshooting information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717/en-us

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"orlydbull" <orlydbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wher do i go to download the full sp3 file?

Jack

Re: sp3 file
the internets
"orlydbull" <orlydbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wher do i go to download the full sp3 file?

TaurArian

Re: sp3 file
It's probably SP3 for Office JS.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"JS" <@> wrote in message news:%23X6q%23QLZJHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If its the Windows XP SP3 file you need then read on.
>
> Where to download the SP3 installation file:
> (File is large but will only install components that your PC requires)
>
> Your PC must be at least SP1 or SP2 level as SP3 will not
> install on XP Gold.
>
> I would also create an "Image Backup" of my drive prior
> to installing SP3 just in case you do have problems.
> Don't have any Image Backup software:
> Try "True Image" (has a 15 day trial version available)
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/
>
> If you use Zone Alarm Firewall (Free or Paid) then update to
> version 7.0.483.
> Warning do not install ZA version 8.0.xxx as it currently has
> problems.
>
> Install SP3 in 'Clean Boot' mode:
> How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview
> Be sure to download and read the file titled 'Overview of Windows XP
> Service Pack 3'
> Note: "You can run the SP3 update package on any edition of Windows XP SP1
> or SP2."
>
> The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3
> Discusses the hard disk space requirements for installing
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> "For a PC on which Windows XP is already installed"
>
> Installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../cc164204.aspx
>
> Release notes for the Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/
>
> Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3
> Recommends steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> Also includes troubleshooting information.

> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>

> "orlydbull" <orlydbull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> wher do i go to download the full sp3 file?

JS

Re: sp3 file
You're probably correct, which is why I put
that first sentence about XP SP3 in my reply.

But will so little information it's could be SP3 for who knows what ;-)

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com