sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d

orlydbull

sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?
TaurArian

RE: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Download the full SP3 file.
No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.

"orlydbull" wrote:

> how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

orlydbull

RE: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
where do i go to download the full sp3 file?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Download the full SP3 file.
> No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "orlydbull" wrote:
>
> > how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

Engel

RE: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Hello orlydbull,

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/sp3/default.mspx>
-=-

"orlydbull" wrote:

> where do i go to download the full sp3 file?
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Download the full SP3 file.
> > No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
> >
> > --
> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> > guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
> >

> > "orlydbull" wrote:
> >
> > > how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

TaurArian

Re: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Hey Engel, bet ya it's SP3 for Office.

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

"Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello orlydbull,
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/sp3/default.mspx>
> -=-
>
> "orlydbull" wrote:
>
>> where do i go to download the full sp3 file?
>>
>> "TaurArian" wrote:
>>
>> > Download the full SP3 file.
>> > No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
>> > or
>> > guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.

Engel

Re: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Hello K,

Why are you betting on that?

I ask you, because always I follow your observations, and for me, is one way
to learn.

Any way, Merry Christmas

-=-

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Hey Engel, bet ya it's SP3 for Office.

> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello orlydbull,
> >
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/sp3/default.mspx>
> > -=-
> >
> > "orlydbull" wrote:
> >
> >> where do i go to download the full sp3 file?

TaurArian

Re: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Hi Engel,

Error Code: 0x8024002D means - a full-file patch failed because the source
was required

It is recommended that when installing a patch that the users either repair
the Office install and try the patch again or try installing the patch with
the Office CD in the installation drive.

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web site: "0x8024002D"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958041

FYI - also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830168

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840169

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825933

"Local Install Source is a Setup feature that copies the install source
files from the Microsoft Office 2003 installation media (for example, the
Office 2003 CD-ROM) to the Msocache folder. This is a hidden folder on your
local hard disk.

The Local Install Source feature is installed so that you do not have to
insert the CD during the following Setup operations:

a.. Detect and Repair
b.. Demand Install
c.. Maintenance Mode Setup
d.. Installation of service packs and patches"

Hope that helps to explain it a bit, as the patches for Office are applied
directly to the computer and update rather than replaces files. That's why
you have the Msocache folder. If Office update can't find the source, then
it looks for the installation media.

By downloading the full file, it replaces rather than updates files. In some
cases, even the full file will ask for the original media.

Engel wrote:
:: Hello K,
::
:: Why are you betting on that?
::
:: I ask you, because always I follow your observations, and for me, is
:: one way to learn.
::
:: Any way, Merry Christmas
::
:: E
:: -=-
::
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: Hey Engel, bet ya it's SP3 for Office.
:::
::: K
:::
::: --
:::
::: ======================================
::: How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
::: warranties or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
::: Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
:::
:::
::: "Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
::: news:9F3F3217-1F95-4A06-9769-BD56A17D764F@microsoft.com...
:::: Hello orlydbull,
::::
:::: <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/sp3/default.mspx>
:::: -=-
::::
:::: "orlydbull" wrote:
::::
::::: where do i go to download the full sp3 file?
:::::
::::: "TaurArian" wrote:
:::::
:::::: Download the full SP3 file.
:::::: No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
::::::
:::::: --
:::::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
:::::: warranties or
:::::: guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
::::::
::::::
::::::
:::::: "orlydbull" wrote:
::::::
::::::: how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

Engel

Re: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
Hello K,

Thank you, for take the time to explain.

Today I learn something new.

Thanks again.
-=-

"TaurArian" wrote:

> [...]
> :::: -=-
> ::::
> :::: "orlydbull" wrote:
> ::::
> ::::: where do i go to download the full sp3 file?
> :::::
> ::::: "TaurArian" wrote:
> :::::
> :::::: Download the full SP3 file.
> :::::: No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
> ::::::
> :::::: --
> :::::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
> :::::: warranties or
> :::::: guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
> ::::::
> ::::::
> ::::::
> :::::: "orlydbull" wrote:
> ::::::
> ::::::: how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

kingsmate1

RE: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
i tried like 10 times to down load this file its not happening .......
i have a pain in my arse srry for the language...
i cannot access my emails @ eircom.net
my puter is hanging
and im ready 2 kill some 1
thx tho

--
hellllllllp

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Download the full SP3 file.
> No guarantees, but you're in with a chance.
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "orlydbull" wrote:
>
> > how to succesfully intalled w/o disk?

kingsmate1

RE: sp3 installation failed error 0x8024002d
i canot down load it cos i dont know how?

--
hellllllllp