error#: 0x80070002

sobriquet

error#: 0x80070002

Hello.

When I try to update Vista Home Premium (from the windows update
website), an error (0x80070002) is reported.
Does anyone know how I can get windows update to work properly again?
In the past it used to work fine, but now it appears to have stopped
working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek
TaurArian

Re: error#: 0x80070002
sobriquet wrote:
:: Hello.
::
:: When I try to update Vista Home Premium (from the windows update
:: website), an error (0x80070002) is reported.
:: Does anyone know how I can get windows update to work properly again?
:: In the past it used to work fine, but now it appears to have stopped
:: working.
::
:: Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek

Windows Update error 80070002
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx
Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
0x80070002 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

sobriquet

Re: error#: 0x80070002
On 21 dec, 01:12, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sobriquet wrote:
>
> :: Hello.
> ::
> :: When I try to update Vista Home Premium (from the windows update
> :: website), an error (0x80070002) is reported.
> :: Does anyone know how I can get windows update to work properly again?
> :: In the past it used to work fine, but now it appears to have stopped
> :: working.
> ::
> :: Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek
>
> Windows Update error 80070002http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/c5f4d9e0-3eb6-426...

This didn't seem to work (clearing the datastore and download
folders).

> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
> Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

Somehow it seems that using windows update from the control panel
instead of the windows update website seemed to make a difference.
When I used windows update from the control panel, it came up with
updates for my computer, so it seems everything is fine again.

After updating though, the windows update webpage still comes up with
the same error, while windows update from the control panel says my
computer is up to date.
Bit strange, but ok.

Thanks for the suggestions.

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 21 dec, 01:12, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> sobriquet wrote:
>>
>> :: Hello.
>> ::
>> :: When I try to update Vista Home Premium (from the windows update
>> :: website), an error (0x80070002) is reported.
>> :: Does anyone know how I can get windows update to work properly again?
>> :: In the past it used to work fine, but now it appears to have stopped
>> :: working.
>> ::
>> :: Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek
>>
>> Windows Update error
>> 80070002http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/c5f4d9e0-3eb6-426...

> This didn't seem to work (clearing the datastore and download
> folders).
>
>> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft
>> Update
>> Web site to install updates:
>> "0x80070002"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

> Somehow it seems that using windows update from the control panel
> instead of the windows update website seemed to make a difference.
> When I used windows update from the control panel, it came up with
> updates for my computer, so it seems everything is fine again.
>
> After updating though, the windows update webpage still comes up with
> the same error, while windows update from the control panel says my
> computer is up to date.
> Bit strange, but ok.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

Vista is not suppose to use the website, Vista updates from the control
panel.

sobriquet

Re: error#: 0x80070002
On 21 dec, 21:16, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On 21 dec, 01:12, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> sobriquet wrote:

> >> :: Hello.
> >> ::
> >> :: When I try to update Vista Home Premium (from the windows update
> >> :: website), an error (0x80070002) is reported.
> >> :: Does anyone know how I can get windows update to work properly again?
> >> :: In the past it used to work fine, but now it appears to have stopped
> >> :: working.
> >> ::
> >> :: Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek

> >> Windows Update error
> >> 80070002http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/c5f4d9e0-3eb6-426...

> > This didn't seem to work (clearing the datastore and download
> > folders).

> >> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft
> >> Update
> >> Web site to install updates:
> >> "0x80070002"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

> > Somehow it seems that using windows update from the control panel
> > instead of the windows update website seemed to make a difference.
> > When I used windows update from the control panel, it came up with
> > updates for my computer, so it seems everything is fine again.

> > After updating though, the windows update webpage still comes up with
> > the same error, while windows update from the control panel says my
> > computer is up to date.
> > Bit strange, but ok.

> > Thanks for the suggestions.

> Vista is not suppose to use the website, Vista updates from the control
> panel.

I see... and microsoft can't notify people of this on the windows
update website and has to give a mysterious error on the site instead?
Kind of typical if you ask me.
TaurArian

Re: error#: 0x80070002

"sobriquet" wrote:

> On 21 dec, 21:16, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "sobriquet" <dohduh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > This didn't seem to work (clearing the datastore and download
> > > folders).

> > > Somehow it seems that using windows update from the control panel
> > > instead of the windows update website seemed to make a difference.
> > > When I used windows update from the control panel, it came up with
> > > updates for my computer, so it seems everything is fine again.

> > > After updating though, the windows update webpage still comes up with
> > > the same error, while windows update from the control panel says my
> > > computer is up to date.
> > > Bit strange, but ok.

> > > Thanks for the suggestions.

> > Vista is not suppose to use the website, Vista updates from the control
> > panel.

> I see... and microsoft can't notify people of this on the windows
> update website and has to give a mysterious error on the site instead?
> Kind of typical if you ask me.

FYI :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...dowsvista.mspx
Using Windows Update in Windows Vista

When you use the Windows Update in Vista, it should automatically go to the
control panel not the website.

sobriquet

Re: error#: 0x80070002
On 22 dec, 01:32, TaurArian <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "sobriquet" wrote:
> > On 21 dec, 21:16, "TaurArian" <taurar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "sobriquet" <dohduh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Vista is not suppose to use the website, Vista updates from the control
> > > panel.

> > I see... and microsoft can't notify people of this on the windows
> > update website and has to give a mysterious error on the site instead?
> > Kind of typical if you ask me.

> FYI :http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...e/learn/window...
> Using Windows Update in Windows Vista
>
> When you use the Windows Update in Vista, it should automatically go to the
> control panel not the website.

Ok, thx. I'm behind a proxy and windows sometimes complains it can't
find updates automatically (with an icon in the systemtray).. but now
I know that I'll have to manually update from the control panel
instead of the windows update website.

0x80070002 Error JeffM English 0 12-19-2008 19:19
Error 0x80070002 d69 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 10-11-2008 12:49
Error: 0x80070002 Camillia_lynn microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-21-2008 07:12
Error 0x80070002 Problem epmd4life@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-24-2008 11:35
Error 0x80070002 Baileyks microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 6 06-30-2007 19:22